Allswell Mattress Topper Review
An honest review of Allswell’s three memory foam mattress toppers
Last Updated: December 3, 2020
Walmart’s mattress brand Allswell released three memory foam mattress toppers with different temperature regulating properties and price points. In this post, we’ll be discussing feel, firmness, materials, and more to determine if these toppers are worth the money or not.
- Free Shipping & Returns
- 30 Nights Trial Period
15% OffClaim Discount
People that like a viscous memory foam feel
If you need to soften up your bed
If you hate memory foam
People that want to make their bed firmer
Allswell Mattress Topper Review
If you aren’t familiar with the brand Allswell, you’re sure to know their parent company Walmart. Allswell is the retail giant’s answer to the online mattress industry, and competes with bed in a box brands such as Casper, Nectar, and Brooklyn Bedding. Like Walmart, the brand is known for their low prices as they offer well-made products with very affordable price tags. This post is an Allswell mattress topper review where we discuss their three different toppers; the budget-tier, middle-tier, and top-tier models.
For help navigating this Allswell mattress topper review, our jump-to links above will take you to any section you choose. Otherwise, continue on below where we reveal our thoughts on the brand’s three toppers.
Our YouTube Review Of The Allswell Toppers
If you would rather listen than read, here is a short video that outlines what you need to know about the three different Allswell mattress toppers. Of course, there’s a lot more you’ll want to consider before making a final decision. Keep reading to learn more about these memory foam mattress toppers.
Unboxing Your Allswell Mattress Topper
Unpacking an Allswell memory foam mattress topper is easy. Follow these five steps:
- Step 1: Remove your Allswell mattress topper from its box
- Step 2: Carefully take off the plastic wrap without cutting the topper itself
- Step 3: Unroll the topper on a flat surface
- Step 4: Wait 48 hours to sleep on it so it has time to fully transition back to its intended form
- Step 5: Place it on top of your bed. If you purchase the second-tier model you’ll want to place it so the copper color side is facing up
Allswell Entry Level Topper — Graphite Infused
The first topper offered by Allswell is 3” thick, and constructed out of “Moisture Wicking CoolFlow Foam.” In a nutshell, it’s basically open-cell memory foam and it’s the same foam used throughout all three models. This topper is also infused with graphite, which is meant to absorb your body heat as you sleep.
This Allswell mattress topper model is the most affordable out of the three options. It starts at about $80 for a twin size mattress topper, and goes up to $135 for a king size topper. We are a little surprised about their prices because Allswell has a reputation for offering quality mattresses for very reasonable prices. This isn’t to say this mattress topper isn’t affordable, we just expected all three of them to be a little less
It has a distinct memory foam feel, but it’s softer and less responsive than the other two. We think you get a prominent deep viscous feeling when you lay on this, even more so than the second and first tier models. We put a coffee cup on the topper to test it out, and when we removed it, we could see the cup’s ring before it slowly returned back to normal. So you can only imagine what it’d do with your arms or your trunk.
On our scale from soft to firm, we rated this one in between medium and medium-firm. If you’re on the fence about memory foam, we’d probably suggest you look into the other models because we think this one is more ideal for folks who absolutely love the feeling of memory foam.
Allswell Second Tier Topper — Copper Gel Infused
The second Allswell mattress topper model offered by the brand is 4” thick and infused with Copper Gel. The Copper gel works in a similar way that graphite does, in that it draws your excess body heat away from you. Another benefit of using copper gel in a mattress or mattress topper is that it’s antimicrobial, and it stops the growth of microorganisms you don’t want anywhere near your sleeping space.
This mattress topper offers a little more support than the entry level one because it has an additional layer of dense polyurethane (neutral) foam underneath the comfy memory foam layer. As we mentioned earlier the entire mattress topper is 4” thick, and the polyurethane slab takes up 2” of it.
Due to that second layer of material and copper gel, the second tier mattress topper model is a little more expensive than the first. The retail price starts just under $100 for a twin size mattress topper, and goes up to $155 for the king size.
This Allswell memory foam mattress topper also has a deep viscous memory foam feel, but we think it’s slightly less prominent than the first. The memory foam feel is more neutralized due to the poly foam layer underneath.
You can also flip it over for a more neutral foam feel if you don’t love the memory foam. This isn’t advertised on their website or anything, we’re just putting the option out there because we think it works.
On our scale from soft to firm, we rated the second tier mattress topper a medium-firm.
Allswell Top Tier Topper — Graphite & Copper Infused
The construction of the third model is similar to the second in that is has two layers of material; one 2” memory foam layer and one 2” dense poly foam layer. The memory foam slab provides the comfort while the poly foam layer provides support.
It uses a combination of graphite and copper gel to make the mattress cooler than other memory foam materials, but it’s also constructed with a cooling strip in the center of the mattress topper.
In our Allswell mattress topper review, this one is the most expensive one out of the three. They don’t make twin or full sizes, but the queen size retails for about $160 and the king size is priced right under $180.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this Allswell mattress topper has a memory foam feel. We’d say it feels similar to the second tier mattress with a medium-firm rating. The biggest change with this mattress topper is the cooling feel in the center. Don’t take it lightly when we say this one is cool-to-the-touch. We could feel it actively cooling us when we laid down on it, so this is definitely a good option for hot sleepers.
On a scale from soft to firm, we gave this one the same rating as the second one which is a medium-firm.
Mattress Topper Cleaning and Care
Allswell recommends you use deep fitted sheets when you use these toppers since they add a little extra thickness to your mattress. If you already have a thick bed, you’re definitely going to want to spring for the deep fitted sheets. You can check out popular deep pocket sheets on Amazon here.
If you spill or make a mess on the mattress topper, you can spot clean with a mild detergent and warm water.
Allswell Mattress Topper Review Verdict
So after all is said and done, what do we really think about the Allswell mattress toppers? If you’re a huge fan of memory foam, we suggest you save money and go with the entry level model. Unless you’re an individual over 250 lbs, then you might want to look into the toppers with more support.
If you aren’t the biggest fan of memory foam but think these toppers sound nice and comfortable, try out the second tier model. It’s slightly more expensive than we thought it’d be, but if the price isn’t a factor, you should go for it.
We think the top tier model is a little expensive, but people who tend to heat up or even sweat during the night might want to spend the extra money on it. If you’re not a hot sleeper though, we’d look into the less expensive models.
Other Allswell Reviews And Products
Allswell Walmart Mattress Topper Ratings
- Amazon Reviews: [I’m providing Walmart reviews – not sold on Amazon] Most Walmart mattress topper reviews rave about the Allswell memory foam mattress topper. A recurring complaint is that some testers found the topper to be too warm and suggest upgrading to the version with cooling gel.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 150 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
Allswell Company Policies
We want to quickly discuss what you’ll be getting into when you purchase one of Allswell’s mattress toppers.
- Trial period length: 30-night risk free trial for you to test out the topper and decide if it’s right for you
- Warranty policy: Some mattress toppers come with a 1-year limited warranty or more, but this topper unfortunately does not
- Shipping info: free standard ground shipping and free returns for the toppers just like Allswell mattress and expedited 2-day shipping is available
Allswell Company Info
Allswell Mattress Contact Information
- Phone number: 833 225 7935, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm EST
- Customer care email: email@example.com
Allswell Topper Vs
Allswell vs Tuft and Needle Mattress Topper
Below, we’ll weigh the differences between the Allswell vs Tuft and Needle mattress toppers.
- Trial period: Tuft and Needle gives you a 100-night trial, compared to Allswell’s 30-night trial.
- Price: The twin sizes of Tuft and Needle toppers cost $120, the queen and full cost $150 and the King toppers cost $180. In comparison, Allswell’s prices range between $80 to $180 depending on size and version.
- Layers: Tuft and Needle’s topper is a single 2” layer. With Allswell, you have two options of one or two layers that are 3” or 4” thick.
- Best for: The Tuft and Needle topper is best for those who dislike memory foam because it has a quick responding neutral-foam feel while Allswell is good for those who like a viscous, slow responding feel.
Allswell vs TempurPedic Mattress Topper
Here’s how Allswell vs. TempurPedic mattress toppers compare:
- Trial period: Allswell’s 30-night trial beats TempurPedic, who does not offer a risk-free trial period.
- Price: TempurPedic toppers start at $299 for the twin sizes, $399 for queen and $449 for king toppers. In comparison, Allswell’s prices are much lower, ranging between $80 to $180.
- Layers: TempurPedic’s topper is a single memory foam layer. With Allswell, you have two options of one or two layers that are 3” or 4” thick.
- Best for: The TempurPedic topper is ideal for those who want a more luxurious memory foam feel like the TempurPedic mattresses, while Allswell is great for memory foam lovers who are on a budget.
They all have a viscous, dense memory foam feel, a bit like a TempurPedic mattress.
If you like memory foam, we expect that you’ll really like these mattress toppers.
You can apply to qualify for financing through Affirm at checkout.
No, you will not receive any warranty coverage when you purchase an Allswell topper. You will if you purchase their mattress though.
You can purchase mattresses, toppers, bedding like pillows and sheets, and you can even buy an Allswell tiny home.
According to their website, they manufacture products and source supplies from all over the world.
There are three core mattress topper models.
They were sent to us by Allswell to review.