If you’re looking for a safe, all-natural bed that’s built to last, consider investing in a latex hybrid mattress. Made from breathable latex foam, these beds are hypoallergenic and organic, offering a healthier night’s sleep. They also have a hybrid construction that includes innerspring coils, which are more durable than all-foam mattresses. As a result, latex hybrid mattresses tend to cost more than other bed-in-a-box products.
For this review guide, we’ve pulled together five of the best latex hybrid mattresses on the market right now. We’ve included a diverse range of options, including mattresses for back and stomach sleepers, side sleepers, and couples. Each review refers to the queen-sized version of the product. Read on to learn about these beds and find the best one for your needs.
Top 5 Latex Hybrid Mattresses
- Best Latex Hybrid Mattress for Back and Stomach Sleepers :Avocado Green MattressStarting at $1099 Shop Now
- Best Latex Hybrid for Side Sleepers :Nest Bedding OwlStarting at $1049 Shop Now
- Best Medium-Firm Latex Hybrid Mattress :AwaraStarting at $1398 Shop Now
- Best Latex Hybrid Mattress for Couples :My Green Mattress Natural EscapeStarting at $899 Shop Now
- Best Luxury Latex Hybrid Mattress :Saatva Latex HybridStarting at $1189 Shop Now
Compare the Best Latex Hybrid Mattresses
Best Latex Hybrid Mattress for Back and Stomach Sleepers
Why Avocado wins as best latex hybrid mattress for back and stomach sleepers
If you sleep on your back or your stomach, you need a firmer bed to give you extra support– and the Avocado mattress is an excellent option. Its construction also offers a good amount of pressure relief to keep you comfortable while you sleep and alleviate back pain.
Avocado’s best features
- Avocado is a highly responsive latex hybrid mattress, and the material bounces back quickly when you put pressure on it. This will help you achieve more restful sleep and prevent that “stuck in the mud” feeling.
- This mattress is designed for all body types, including petite and heavier folks. If you’re on the smaller side, we recommend adding Avocado’s optional mattress topper for a more plush feeling. Average-sized and larger individuals shouldn’t have an issue getting comfortable.
- Thanks to Avocado’s latex foam and hybrid construction, this mattress is more breathable than a traditional memory foam mattress. While we wouldn’t say that it will actively cool you down, we’d consider it a solid option for anybody who sleeps hot.
Why we picked this bed
It’s easy to see why Avocado’s organic latex mattresses have earned such a strong reputation. Not only are they accommodating for back, stomach, and combination sleepers, but they’re also responsive and comfortable without swallowing you up. We also appreciate Avocado’s eco-friendly manufacturing practices, which we think most latex mattress shoppers will agree with.
Best Latex Hybrid for Side Sleepers
Nest Owl is a natural/organic bed that comes in several firmness options and is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Why Nest Owl wins as best latex hybrid for side sleepers
Latex beds tend to be on the firmer side, which can make it difficult for side sleepers to find a mattress that’s plush enough to offer the pressure relief that they need. Fortunately, the Nest Owl (formerly known as Hybrid Latex) is the exception. It’s a thoroughly comfortable latex hybrid mattress with five layers of luxurious support to cradle the length of your body.
Nest’s best features
- The Nest Owl comes in three firmness options (plush, medium, and firm) to accommodate different body types and preferences. For side sleepers, we’d recommend the medium option — unless you’re petite, in which case we’d suggest the plush model.
- It has a neutral and responsive feeling that’s unbelievably comfortable. You won’t feel like you’re sinking into the bed, which is essential to keep your body supported while you’re snoozing on your side.
- If you sleep next to your significant other, you’ll want to look for a bed that limits motion transfer. The Nest Hybrid Latex excels in this category, which is a pleasant surprise for a mattress with coils.
Why we picked this bed
We’re really impressed by how comfortable this natural latex hybrid mattress is. Thanks to the multiple firmness options, the Nest Owl works for all body types, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding the one that feels good to you.
Best Medium-Firm Latex Hybrid Mattress
Why Awara wins as best medium-firm latex hybrid mattress
If you’re looking for a latex mattress that’s on the firmer end of the spectrum, Awara is definitely worth considering. At 13” thick, it’s taller than the average mattress and has a simple (yet durable) three-layer construction of coils and foam, which give it that medium-firm innerspring feel.
Awara’s best features
- Although it’s pricier than the average (non-organic) bed-in-a-box mattress, Awara is actually more affordable than many of its latex/organic competitors. Plus, the company typically offers discounts and promotions to help you save even more.
- Awara’s medium-firm profile makes it a great pick for stomach and back sleepers, who need a firmer mattress to keep their spine in alignment. It can also work for combination sleepers who primarily sleep on their backs or stomachs.
- If you’re on the heavier side (more than 250 lbs), we think Awara is a fantastic option. Not only will the durable coils help support your weight, but they’ll also promote airflow to keep you cooler at night.
Why we picked this bed
Awara offers good value for the money — especially considering it’s a latex mattress, which are often quite expensive. We think you’ll particularly enjoy this bed if you’re a larger individual and sleep on your back or stomach, but it’s a safe bet for average-sized and certain petite people too.
Best Latex Hybrid Mattress for Couples
Why My Green Mattress wins as best latex hybrid mattress for couples
It’s all about edge support with My Green Mattress (which is a key consideration for couples). As part of a three-zone coil system, the coils around the perimeter of the bed are stiff, which reinforces the boundaries of the mattress and lets you spread out without feeling like you’re going to fall off the side.
My Green Mattress’ best features
- My Green Mattress has the distinct bouncy and airy feel that latex mattress shoppers want. It’s responsive and cushioned, keeping your body supported without feeling like you’re stuck in the material.
- It can accommodate all body types (including petite, average, and heavy people) and most sleeper styles (including back, stomach, and combo). Since it’s medium-firm, it wouldn’t be our first recommendation for side sleepers — but that’s standard for latex foam beds.
- On top, My Green Mattress has a soft, button-tufted cover made from organic cotton. It smells natural and adds a plush touch to this organic mattress. Of all the beds on this list, we think this cover is among the nicest.
Why we picked this bed
My Green Mattress’s strong edge support means that you’ll be able to sleep on more of your bed’s surface area, so you aren’t pushing up against your partner all night. Plus, the zoned coil system offers support in the right places (hips and trunk) and provides more give where it’s needed (shoulders and lower body).
Best Luxury Latex Hybrid Mattress
Why Saatva wins as best luxury latex hybrid mattress
Saatva is well-known for its premium beds, with its latex hybrid mattress being one of the most luxurious options. Not only is it organic, hypoallergenic, and made with all-natural materials, including New Zealand wool, but it’s also extremely comfortable and accommodating for all types of sleepers.
Saatva’s best features
- It’s hard to beat the Saatva Latex Hybrid in terms of high-quality and eco-friendly materials. The mattress is made from 100% organic and natural materials, such as organic cotton and wool, sustainably sourced Talalay latex, and recycled steel coils.
- No matter how you sleep at night, you should feel comfortable on this bed. It’s fluffy enough to appease side sleepers while also being firm enough to appeal to back and stomach sleepers. Combination sleepers will enjoy it too.
- With a pocketed coil construction and medium-firm profile, the Saatva Latex Hybrid is a stand-out pick for heavier people. It incorporates many of the features that help keep overweight and obese sleepers comfortable at night.
Why we picked this bed
If budget isn’t a concern, we’d suggest adding the Saatva Latex Hybrid to your list of latex mattresses. It’s one of the most luxurious mattresses that we’ve reviewed, with a responsive and supportive feel that almost everyone can appreciate.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Latex Mattresses
There are many benefits to owning a latex mattress, but there are a few drawbacks you might want to know before purchasing one, too.
- Can have an eco-friendly, non-toxic natural and organic construction.
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial properties.
- More durable than most other foams.
- Perforated, which makes it more breathable than memory or poly foam.
- Bouncy and responsive to pressure.
- Typically more on the firm side of the spectrum. It’s hard to find a plush latex mattress.
- Can be expensive, especially natural or organic latex.
- Motion isolation isn’t as great as it is for memory foam or poly foam.
Latex vs. Memory Foam Mattresses
Latex foam and memory foam are both popular materials used in modern mattresses, but they’re quite different from each other and offer their own unique benefits.
Latex foam can be organic and natural, which is sourced from the sap of tropical rubber trees. This is ideal for people who want completely safe, non-toxic beds that are safe for the environment. While brands might use more eco-friendly memory foam, it will always be made in a factory.
Memory foam is much more pressure relieving and slow responding than latex foam is. When you press your hand down into memory foam, it takes a few moments for the shape to morph back to its original state. It feels like your bed is giving you a soft hug.
Latex foam, on the other hand, is incredibly bouncy and springy. It will pop back into shape immediately after pressing down on it, and it’s very dense. It’s almost like a dense, rubber sponge, but in a really comfortable way. You sleep more on top of it than inside it, and it’ll usually offer more support than pressure relief.
Like we touched on before, latex foam is perforated throughout the surface. The holes across the foam allow for air to pass through easily, making it more breathable than a memory foam mattress. If you sleep hot, you may want to go for a bed with latex foam rather than memory foam.
Latex vs. Innerspring Mattresses
When you have latex foam and innersprings together, that gives you a hybrid mattress that utilizes the benefits of both materials, they are very similar as far as benefits go. They are both supportive, durable, and offer up the airflow in a mattress. Like latex foam, innersprings are also very springy (it’s even in the name), and they bounce back to normal immediately after pressure is applied. The foam, however, helps to neutralize the harsh feel of the innersprings and adds a bit more pressure relief for comfort.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 150 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team