DreamCloud vs Nectar Mattress
See who wins in the Nectar vs DreamCloud bed in a box debate.
Last Updated: September 24, 2020
DreamCloud and Nectar are two of the most popular online mattresses. And for good reason. They have a lot to offer and are priced affordably. That said, there’s a big difference between the two beds and there are some major reasons to get DreamCloud over Nectar and vice versa.
|AT A GLANCE||PRICING||HEADLINE|
|Memory Foam||$200 Off + Gift Discount In Cart||DreamCloud Premier is a memory foam hybrid mattress that comes with free shipping/returns and a full-year trial period.|
|Memory Foam||Free Gifts w/ Mattress Purchase||Nectar could be the most popular memory foam mattress online. It’s affordable, comfortable, and usually comes with free pillows.|
DreamCloud vs Nectar Mattress Comparison Overview
There’s a lot that goes into making a bed, but your decision between these two mattresses likely comes down to a few key characteristics:
- Materials: Nectar is an all-foam bed that uses several layers of memory foam. Both DreamCloud beds are hybrid mattresses that combine pocketed coils and memory foam. DreamCloud is 14” high, DreamCloud Premier is 15” thick, vs. Nectar’s 11” of layers.
- Price: Nectar is less expensive than both DreamCloud models.
- Heavy people: DreamCloud gets the win when it comes to individuals who weigh more than 250 lb.
- Feel — These mattresses differ quite a bit in how they feel. Some people will absolutely love the feel of Nectar, while others will prefer DreamCloud. There is no such thing as the best mattress for everyone.
Jump-To Links For This Comparison:
Honest DreamCloud vs. Nectar Mattress Review Video
Nectar Mattress Review
There’s nothing entirely special about the way that this bed is put together, but that’s also why the price is so low—all the bells and whistles just add to the cost of the bed. The person who buys Nectar is looking for a memory foam bed that won’t break the bank.
Nectar Mattress Ratings
- BBB Rating: Not Rated
- Amazon Reviews: Nectar reviews are only a 1.9 out of 5 but only include a small sampling of customers. Positive reviewers love the comfort of the mattress. Complaints focus on quality and unresponsive customer service when it comes to warranty issues.
Nectar Construction And Materials
The 11” high Nectar mattress features five three all-foam layers plus a comfy cover:
- Base layer – A thick layer of dense support foam, which acts as the bed’s foundation
- Middle layer – A transition layer with a slightly softer profile to neutralize the feel of the harsh foam on the bottom
- Comfort layer – A layer of dense memory foam that contours to the curves of your body
- Cover – Thin layer of memory foam quilted into the cover for added pressure relief and comfort
Nectar Feel And Firmness
Given that Nectar has three layers of memory foam, it has a true, dense memory foam feel. If you like memory foam, you’re in luck. Nectar is a mass-market, budget mattress and is therefore constructed to please the largest amount of people. As such, it’s about a medium to medium-firm on the soft-to-firm scale.
Nectar Sleeper Type Analysis
Back And Stomach Sleeper
You may think that the medium firmness of the mattress would not be firm enough for back or stomach sleepers, but you’d be surprised. We think Nectar offers a decent amount of support for petite and medium-sized sleepers who favor their back and stomach.
In addition, the memory foam layers offer side sleepers ample pressure relief for their hips and shoulders as well.
Hopefully you like the hugging feel of memory foam because it does cause some resistance during the night when you’re switching positions. Though, we do think Nectar provides enough support and pressure relief for combo sleepers.
DreamCloud Mattress Review
Now that you’ve got a good idea of what the Nectar mattress is like, let’s check out DreamCloud’s mattresses; both are made with premium materials but DreamCloud Premier was made to be a bit more luxurious than the flagship DreamCloud.
We like how the brand has an entry level option, and a more premium version so you can decide how much you’d like to spend.
DreamCloud Mattress Ratings
- BBB Rating: NR
- Amazon Reviews: Customers rate the DreamCloud with a 3.7 out of 5 stars. Many customers rave about the comfort of the mattress, but a few claim DreamCloud beds aren’t as they’re marketed and may be irregular in size or not as luxurious as they expected.
DreamCloud Construction And Materials
DreamCloud has two mattresses to choose from; the DreamCloud Mattress and the
ir Luxury DreamCloud Premier Mattress. Both beds use a combination of pocketed coils and memory foam, but the Premier mattress is 1″ thicker with a slightly softer profile, has a sixth layer and more of a memory foam feel than a pillow top feel like the more affordable DreamCloud. Check out the layers on the DreamCloud Premier:
- Base layer – A layer of dense support foam to provide a base for the heavy coil system
- Support layer – A thick layer of 8” pocketed coils to provide a bulk of this bed’s support, and they help isolate motion better than your standard innerspring bed
- Transition layer – A softer transition foam to help soften up the feel of the mattress
- Comfort layer – A layer of gel memory foam that’s ultra comfortable and pressure relieving
- Cover – A quilted Euro-top made with 2 different layers of foam and luxurious cashmere for additional plushness
DreamCloud Feel And Firmness
Despite the fact that DreamCloud Premier uses a thick layer of gel memory foam near the top of the bed, it does not feel like a memory foam mattress. Instead, the bed has more of a pillow top feel thanks to its quilted euro top. You can still feel the memory foam below, but it’s not as distinct as the Nectar mattress.
A good way to think about DreamCloud Premier is that it’s a mattress you’d find at a high-end hotel. It’s durable, comfortable, and constructed to handle virtually any sleeper.
If you want your mattress to provide a new-age memory foam feel, meaning it won’t give you a huge “sink in” feel, nor is it as slow responding, you may want to consider the DreamCloud because it has a medium firmness similar to Nectar.
DreamCloud Sleeper Type Analysis
Like Nectar, we think DreamCloud offers choices that are comfortable for sleepers in all positions
The medium firmness of the flagship DreamCloud is ideal for side sleepers. It provides the give of a softer mattress you’ll need to avoid pressure on the hips and shoulders, while still providing support.
Back And Stomach Sleeper
We think the DreamCloud Premier’s slightly firmer profile makes it better suited for back and stomach sleepers.
If you tend to favor your side more when you sleep, or you sleep an even amount between the three positions, we think you should go with DreamCloud or Nectar. If you predominately sleep on your back or stomach, you may want to consider DreamCloud Premier.
DreamCloud Is Best For Heavy Sleepers
Heavy people 250 pounds or heavier face the biggest challenges when sleeping on a foam mattress like Nectar. However, DreamCloud’s combination of foam and coils will provide the durability and support heavier individuals are looking for. If you have the budget for it, we think it would be worth the extra money to opt for one of the DreamCloud models.
Comparing Company Policies
- Shipping: Both companies provide free shipping
- Returns: Returns are free if the mattresses are under the trial period
- Trial period: When evaluating DreamCloud Nectar, both offer a 365 night trial period
- Warranty: Both have a limited 10-year warranty
Nectar vs. DreamCloud Pricing
Price is one of the most important factors when it’s time to choose the right mattress. Here’s how DreamCloud Nectar compare:
DreamCloud Mattress vs. Nectar Review Verdict
Congratulations, you made it to the end of this comparison. Hopefully by now you understand some of the main differences between these two bed-in-a-box mattresses. In our opinion, the decision between the two beds comes down to a few factors.
- Price — If you’re buying strictly based on price, Nectar is going to be the cheaper option.
- Feel — If you want a dense memory foam feel, Nectar is your ticket. If you want more of a pillow top or softer memory foam feel, DreamCloud Premier/DreamCloud is the answer.
- Your weight — If you weigh over 250 lb, the DreamCloud mattresses are the better option in terms of overall support.
Other Nectar Products
Other DreamCloud Products
Thanks for choosing The Slumber Yard. We hope you enjoyed this mattress comparison.
When you receive the large box, move it to the room it goes in, unpack it and let it expand over the next 24 to 48 hours. You may sleep on it sooner, but the mattress may not be fully expanded.
If you’re within the 365-day trial period for either the Nectar vs. DreamCloud, contact customer service and let them know. You’ll need to wrap up the mattress, place it back in the box and ship it back (for free) to receive a refund.
What sets the DreamCloud models apart from Nectar Mattress is the supportive pocketed coil layer. The Nectar mattress is all foam. Though, this also makes Nectar a more affordable mattress.