|$899 – $1,599||Price Range||$798 – $1,498|
|$200 Off + Gift Code: MYSLUMBERYARD||Offer||$399 Of Free Accessories w/Purchase|
|365 Nights||Trial Period||365 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
DreamCloud vs Nectar Mattress Comparison Overview
There’s a lot that goes into making a bed, but your decision between DreamCloud vs. Nectar likely comes down to a few key characteristics:
- Materials: Nectar is an all-foam bed that uses several layers of memory foam. Both DreamCloud beds are hybrid mattresses that combine pocketed coils and memory foam. DreamCloud is 14” high, DreamCloud Premier is 15” thick, vs. Nectar’s 11” of layers.
- Price: Nectar is less expensive than both DreamCloud models.
- Heavy people: DreamCloud gets the win when it comes to individuals who weigh more than 250 lb.
- Feel: These mattresses differ quite a bit in how they feel. Some people will absolutely love the feel of Nectar, while others will prefer DreamCloud. There is no such thing as the best mattress for everyone.
Jump-To Links For This Comparison:
Honest DreamCloud vs. Nectar Mattress Review Video
Nectar Mattress Review
There’s nothing entirely special about the way that this bed is put together, but that’s also why the price is so low—all the bells and whistles just add to the cost of the bed. The person who buys Nectar is looking for a memory foam bed that won’t break the bank.
Nectar Construction And Materials
The 11” high Nectar mattress features five three all-foam layers plus a comfy cover:
- Base layer – A thick layer of dense support foam, which acts as the bed’s foundation
- Middle layer – A transition layer with a slightly softer profile to neutralize the feel of the harsh foam on the bottom
- Comfort layer – A layer of dense memory foam that contours to the curves of your body
- Cover – Thin layer of memory foam quilted into the cover for added pressure relief and comfort
Nectar Feel And Firmness
Given that Nectar has three layers of memory foam, it has a true, dense memory foam feel. If you like memory foam, you’re in luck. Nectar is a mass-market, budget mattress and is therefore constructed to please the largest amount of people. As such, it’s about a medium to medium-firm on the soft-to-firm scale.
Nectar Lush vs DreamCloud
Nectar also offers the Nectar Lush Mattress, which also has an all-foam construction, but it’s 12″ thick and has a slightly softer profile. As such, it’s a great option for side sleepers. However, we still recommend DreamCloud to folks who are on the heavier side and looking for a hybrid mattress.
DreamCloud Mattress Review
Now that you’ve got a good idea of what the Nectar mattress is like, let’s check out DreamCloud’s mattresses; both are made with premium materials, but DreamCloud Premier was made to be a bit more luxurious than the flagship DreamCloud.
We like how the brand has an entry-level option and a more premium version so you can decide how much you’d like to spend.
DreamCloud Construction And Materials
DreamCloud has two mattresses to choose from; the DreamCloud Mattress and the Luxury DreamCloud Premier Mattress. Both beds use a combination of pocketed coils and memory foam. Still, the Premier mattress is 1″ thicker with a slightly softer profile, has a sixth layer, and more of a memory foam feel than a pillow top feels like the more affordable DreamCloud. Check out the layers on the DreamCloud Premier:
- Base layer – A layer of dense support foam to provide a base for the heavy coil system
- Support layer – A thick layer of 8” pocketed coils to provide a bulk of this bed’s support, and they help isolate motion better than your standard innerspring bed
- Transition layer – A softer transition foam to help soften up the feel of the mattress
- Comfort layer – A layer of gel memory foam that’s ultra-comfortable and pressure relieving
- Cover – A quilted Euro-top made with 2 different layers of foam and luxurious cashmere for additional plushness
DreamCloud Feel And Firmness
Despite the fact that DreamCloud Premier uses a thick layer of gel memory foam near the top of the bed, it does not feel like a memory foam mattress. Instead, the bed has more of a pillow top feel thanks to its quilted euro top. You can still feel the memory foam below, but it’s not as distinct as the Nectar mattress.
A good way to think about DreamCloud Premier is that it’s a mattress you’d find at a high-end hotel. It’s durable, comfortable, and constructed to handle virtually any sleeper.
If you want your mattress to provide a new-age memory foam feel, meaning it won’t give you a huge “sink in” feel, nor is it as slow responding, you may want to consider the DreamCloud because it has a medium firmness similar to Nectar.
DreamCloud Sleeper Type Analysis
We think both DreamCloud and Nectar offer choices that are comfortable for sleepers in all positions
The medium firmness of the flagship DreamCloud is ideal for side sleepers. It provides the give of a softer mattress you’ll need to avoid pressure on the hips and shoulders, while still providing support.
In addition, the memory foam layers of Nectar offer side sleepers ample pressure relief for their hips and shoulders as well. However, Nectar might be a little firm for petite side sleepers.
Back And Stomach Sleeper
We think the DreamCloud Premier’s slightly firmer profile makes it better suited for back and stomach sleepers. Nectar is also a great choice for back and stomach sleepers who weigh under 230 lbs.
If you tend to favor your side more when you sleep, or you sleep an even amount between the three positions, we think you should go with Nectar vs. DreamCloud. If you predominately sleep on your back or stomach, you may want to consider DreamCloud Premier.
Body Type Analysis
Heavy people 230 pounds or heavier face the biggest challenges when sleeping on a foam mattress like Nectar. However, DreamCloud’s combination of foam and coils will provide the durability and support heavier individuals are looking for. If you have the budget for it, we think it would be worth the extra money to opt for one of the DreamCloud models.
Petite To Average Sleepers
Sleepers who weigh under 230 lbs will be fine on either Nectar or DreamCloud Premier. However, if you’re looking to save money, you can opt for Nectar, which will be perfectly supportive.
Nectar vs DreamCloud Pricing
Price is one of the most important factors when it’s time to choose the right mattress. Here’s how DreamCloud Nectar compare:
DreamCloud Mattress vs Nectar Review Verdict
Congratulations, you made it to the end of this Nectar vs. DreamCloud comparison. Hopefully by now you understand some of the main differences between these two bed-in-a-box mattresses. In our opinion, the decision between the two beds comes down to a few factors.
- Price — If you’re buying strictly based on price, Nectar is going to be the cheaper option.
- Feel — If you want a dense memory foam feel, Nectar is your ticket. If you want more of a pillow top or softer memory foam feel, DreamCloud Premier/DreamCloud is the answer.
- Your weight — If you weigh over 250 lb, the DreamCloud mattresses are the better option in terms of overall support.
Thanks for choosing The Slumber Yard, we’re happy to help you with all of your sleep-related needs! Feel free to check out some other mattress comparisons we’ve done if you’re still trying to narrow down mattresses.
Comparing Company Policies
- Shipping: Both companies provide free shipping
- Returns: Returns are free if the mattresses are under the trial period
- Trial period: When evaluating DreamCloud Nectar, both offer a 365 night trial period
- Warranty: Both have a limited 10-year warranty
When you receive the large box, move it to the room it goes in, unpack it and let it expand over the next 24 to 48 hours. You may sleep on it sooner, but the mattress may not be fully expanded.
If you’re within the 365-day trial period for either the Nectar vs. DreamCloud, contact customer service and let them know. You’ll need to wrap up the mattress, place it back in the box and ship it back (for free) to receive a refund.
What sets the DreamCloud models apart from Nectar Mattress is the supportive pocketed coil layer. The Nectar mattress is all foam. Though, this also makes Nectar a more affordable mattress.