Lull vs Nectar Mattress Comparison
Interested in Nectar and Lull? Read our review comparison of these two bed in a box mattresses
Last Updated: December 4, 2020Matt Ross
If you’re considering these two mattresses, but you’re not sure how to know which one’s the better bed for you, you’re in the right place. In this post, we’ll look at how Nectar and Lull compare in terms of feel, construction, price, and more.
Overview Of Lull Vs. Nectar Mattress Review
If you’re trying to decide between a Nectar and Lull mattress, you’re probably a fan of beds that are completely foam because that’s one major thing they have in common. But in this post, we’ll be focusing more on how the mattresses are different from each other.
Here are the main points we’ll be touching on in this Nectar vs. Lull mattress review:
- Feel — They might utilize similar materials, but Nectar and Lull feel different.
- Firmness level — Nectar is slightly firmer than Lull.
- Body type — Lull mattresses are best for petite to medium body types, while, in some cases, Nectar can accommodate heavier body types.
Our reviews tend to be pretty detailed. If you’re in a rush, you can use the links below to jump to any section of this review:
Lull vs Nectar Mattress Video Review
Lull Mattress Review
Lull has plenty of five-star reviews and maintains true to a three-layer technology that provides you with a great night’s sleep.
Lull Mattress Construction And Design
Like Nectar, Lull mattresses are all-foam beds that also incorporate memory foam in their construction. However, Lull is made with a traditional memory foam layer on top of a polyurethane blend foam, or what we like to call neutral foam. Here’s a layer-by-layer guide to the Lull mattress:
- Support layer — The Lull mattress has a 7” thick base to maintain form and durability for years to come.
- Middle layer — The middle layer is composed of a neutral foam that offers a bit more support and firmness than the top layer.
- Comfort layer — The Lull mattress offers a cooling memory foam top layer that ensures you won’t get too hot while offering your body plenty of pillowy cushion.
Lull Feel And Firmness
Lull is made with a neutral foam so you won’t get the sinking feeling you might get with the memory foam in a Nectar mattress. Lull mattresses are also slightly softer than Nectar and land at a medium on our softness to firmness scale.
Is Lull Good For Couples?
Couples need beds with good motion isolation so they don’t feel their partner’s movements too much. Edge support also helps keep you from feeling you’ll fall off if you sleep on the edge of the bed.
Lull doesn’t have the best edge support, so we recommend sizing up unless you like to cuddle.
Lull Mattress Motion Isolation Demonstration
Even light sleepers shouldn’t have a problem with being disturbed on this bed.
Lull Mattress Company Policies
- Shipping — You’ll get free shipping for their bed-in-a-box mattresses. If you’re in a hurry to get your new bed, keep in mind that Lull mattress will be shipped to you after one to four business days — exceptionally fast!
- Trial period length — You have about three months (100 nights) to test out a Lull mattress.
- Warranty policy — Lull offers 10 years.
Nectar Mattress Review
The folks at Nectar are so confident about the product that they offer customers a lifetime warranty and 365-night at-home trial. Nectar claims that sleeping on a Nectar mattress is like “sleeping on a cloud.”
Nectar Mattress Construction And Design
Nectar mattresses are 11” thick and made with a layer of gel memory foam that sits on top of a layer that Nectar calls “Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam.” Here are the layers:
- Support layer — The base layer stabilizes the softer, foam layers above to provide a long-lasting product.
- Middle layer — The middle layer was designed for stability and keeps you from feeling like you’ve sunk into the bed.
- Comfort layer — Under the mattress cover, the Nectar mattress has a layer of cooling gel memory foam that ensures your bed is lump-free.
Some people may be hesitant to choose a mattress constructed with memory foam because it does have a reputation for warming up during the night, but Nectar’s firmer gel-memory foam layer on top helps regulate temperature better than your standard memory foam.
Nectar Feel And Firmness
If you’re a big fan of memory foam, you’ll likely enjoy a Nectar mattress. It accommodates a combination of sleepers because the gel-memory foam is soft enough to contour to your body, but it lands between medium and medium-firm on our scale, so it’ll provide good support to your shoulders and hips, as well.
Is Nectar A Good Mattress For Couples?
Nectar has decent edge support.
The bed does a good job of deadening movement.
Nectar Company Policies
- Shipping info — Nectar offers free shipping.
- Trial period length — You’ll get an entire year with a Nectar mattress.
- Warranty policy — Nectar gives you what they call a “forever warranty.”
Lull vs. Nectar Mattress Pricing
Lull is the winner when it comes to price. A queen-size Nectar mattress has an MSRP of around $1,198, while a queen-size Lull mattress is listed at $949.
In addition, Lull usually offers $250 off its beds, which brings a queen-size into the $800 range. Nectar always doesn’t offer a discount in the traditional sense of the word but does typically include two free pillows with each Nectar mattress purchase.
Nectar vs Lull Sleeper Type Analysis
The Nectar mattress is best for back and stomach sleepers, but all sleepers should be able to be comfortable. Lull also works well for all sleeper types.
If you have a petite body type, we suggest you consider a Lull mattress. If you have a petite body type, we don’t suggest a Nectar mattress. You may not be able to enjoy the memory foam in Nectar mattresses to its full effect because your weight makes it so you barely sink into the foam.
If you’re 230 lbs or over, we recommend you go with the Nectar over Lull. However, a mattress with coils will have the most longevity. For somebody on the heavier side, a Lull won’t be the best option because it’s only 10” thick, meaning it won’t be able to support your weight and, over time, the foam will degrade.
We suggest you take a look at our list of the best beds for heavier people. If you land somewhere in between, we will leave it up to your discretion.
Lull vs. Nectar Mattress Comparison Verdict
You’ll probably be keeping this mattress for the next decade of your life, so it’s important you are fully satisfied with it. Here are the main things you’ll want to consider when you purchase:
- Do you want a true memory foam feel? If so, Nectar wins. If not, Lull wins.
- What are your preferences in terms of firmness? If you want the softer of the two beds, it’s Lull.
- Do you need to spend as little money as possible? If so, Lull technically ends up being more affordable.
Lull says you can set up their mattress on any slatted bed frame or box spring — or even the floor — while Nectar recommends buying one of their frames or a similar product, and to avoid putting your mattress on the floor or a handmade frame for maximum comfort.
The Nectar mattress has more of a true memory foam feel than the Lull, which is considered to provide a neutral foam feel thanks to it’s second layer.
The Lull mattress is more affordable than the Nectar in most cases, and while Nectar often offers free pillows or bedding with each sale, Lulli s known to offer sales throughout the year.