|$898 – $1,598||Price Range||$1,099 – $1,799|
|$399 Of Free Accessories w/Purchase||Offer||$399 Of Free Accessories w/Purchase|
|365 Nights||Trial Period||365 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Nectar vs. Nectar Lush Mattress Comparison Overview
If you’re already somewhat familiar with Nectar, you know the company makes great mattresses. But you might wonder which Nectar mattress to choose in Nectar vs. Nectar Lush. Both mattresses have a lot of fans, so we’ve summarized all the important things to know so you can make the right choice for you.
- Company policies — Both Nectar beds come with free shipping, free returns, a 365-night trial period and a 10-year warranty. These policies are beyond what most bed-in-a-box companies offer.
- Memory foam feel —Both the flagship Nectar and Lush beds have what we call a dense memory foam feel. As you lay down, you’ll feel the top memory foam layers on both beds conform to your body’s shape. If you’re not a fan of memory foam, we’d recommend taking a look at our reviews of the Casper, Leesa or GhostBed mattresses.
- Ideal body types — Given these beds are entirely foam, they’re best suited for small- and medium-sized individuals. If you’re a larger person (more than 230 pounds), we’d recommend taking a look at the DreamCloud mattress, which is a hybrid bed from Nectar’s parent company.
If you’re curious about a particular aspect of Nectar mattress vs Nectar Lush, you can use the links below to take you to the review sections:
Nectar vs. Nectar Lush Video
Nectar Construction And Design
The standard Nectar mattress has three foam layers that total 12″ thick:
- Standard Foam Base Support – As the name implies, this 7″ layer serves as the bed’s foundation.
- Soft Support Foam – The proprietary material is basically a 2″ layer of memory foam that acts as a transition layer from the support foam below.
- Gel memory foam – A top layer of 3″ gel memory foam.
- Cooling Cover – This soft cover provides a cooling sensation upon direct contact.
Nectar Feel And Firmness
Although both mattresses have a memory foam feel, they’re slightly different. The main difference boils down to firmness. In short, we think the standard Nectar mattress is a couple of notches firmer than the Nectar Lush.
If you tend to prefer firm beds over soft ones, you’ll most likely be happier with the standard Nectar mattress.
Is Nectar A Good Mattress For Couples?
As long as both couples like the memory foam feel and firmness of the bed, the rest of the answer depends on the bed’s edge support, motion isolation and temperature regulation.
Nectar has good edge support. Hybrid mattresses usually have better support along the edges, but you still shouldn’t feel like you’re going to fall off.
This bed passed all of our tests, meaning that one person moving around in the bed shouldn’t disturb the other person.
We think that Nectar is temperature neutral. While memory foam tends to be warmer, the gel memory foam in this mattress means the bed shouldn’t heat you up or cool you down.
Nectar Lush Review
If our Nectar mattress review didn’t convince you that was the one for you, this part of our Nectar Lush vs Nectar review should help.
Nectar Lush Construction And Design
Like the Nectar mattress, the Lush is made entirely of foam. The bed technically uses one less layer than the standard Nectar mattress, but it is one inch thicker. Here’s a quick rundown of the layers starting from the bottom:
- Support layer — This layer uses high-density base foam to support the mattress.
- Transition layer — Energex foam makes up this layer. This material is a common alternative to memory foam because it is more responsive.
- Comfort layer — This layer is memory foam, but it uses a special material named AquaCool over the center third of the top layer. This material helps regulate the temperature under your trunk, which is normally the area of the mattress that holds the most heat.
Additionally, the Lush mattress has a cooling cover to further help regulate your sleeping temperature.
Nectar Lush Is Softer
As we mentioned earlier in this review of Nectar Lush vs. Nectar, the Nectar Lush is a bit softer than the standard Nectar mattress. We think the bed rates out somewhere near the middle of the firmness scale. It’s going to depend on your body, but we’d say it lands on the softer side of medium.
If you favor soft beds over firm ones, the Nectar Lush is the right choice.
Is Nectar Lush A Good Mattress For Couples?
Again, how this mattress will work for partners will depend on edge support, temperature regulation and motion isolation.
We don’t think couples will have a problem with the edge of this mattress.
In our tests, we didn’t notice any significant issues with motion moving from one part of the bed to the other, which means both people should get better sleep.
Although Nectar Lush has cooling elements, they don’t make enough of a difference for us not to consider this mattress temperature neutral.
Nectar Lush vs Nectar Mattress Pricing
The flagship Nectar bed is considerably more affordable than the Nectar Lush mattress:
|Size||Nectar MSRP||Nectar Lush MSRP|
The MSRP for the standard Nectar mattress ranges from around $500 (twin) to $1,000 (king), while the Lush goes for anywhere between $1,100 to $1,800 for the same sizes. If you’re working with a tight budget, the standard Nectar mattress is the way to go.
Nectar regularly runs sales and promotions. The prices we listed above are not what you’ll likely pay. In most cases, you can expect to receive at least $100 off your purchase. Plus, the company usually almost always throws in two free pillows with each purchase. Check the Nectar website for current pricing and promotions.
Nectar Mattress vs. Nectar Lush Sleeper Analysis
How a mattress feels to you will depend on your weight and which sleeping position you like.
- Side Sleepers
In most cases, side sleepers typically like softer beds that provide more pressure relief for their hips and shoulders. With firm mattresses, side sleepers can sometimes find the surface of the bed too harsh and ultimately experience discomfort around their pressure points.
In the case of these two beds, the Nectar Lush is the more ideal choice for side sleepers because it’s more in line with the first statement above. We find the surface of the Nectar Lush to be soft and pressure relieving. If you spend the majority of the night on your side, we’d highly recommend considering spending the extra money for the Lush.
- Back And Stomach Sleepers
Both beds should work for all sleeping positions. However, given its firmness profile, the standard Nectar mattress skews a little more toward back and stomach sleepers than it does side sleepers. The bed overall provides a good amount of support under your lower back and trunk. Therefore, between the two beds, we’d have to give the edge to the flagship Nectar mattress when it comes to people who spend the majority of the night on their back or stomach.
- Combo Sleepers
With Nectar, you will get a little of that stuck-in-the-mud sensation memory foam is known for. Combo sleepers might find it requires a little extra effort to switch from their back to their stomach or vice versa, but either bed should work fine.
- Petite Body Types
People sleepers will be comfortable on either Nectar Lush or Nectar.
- Heavy Body Types
We don’t think either option is ideal for heavier people. Instead, look for a hybrid mattress for increased durability and support.
Nectar Company Policies
Because both beds come from the same brand, you can expect Nectar’s standard customer policies:
- Shipping — Your Nectar mattress will ship for free. Nectar mattress shipping delays can happen, but you should still receive it in a week or two.
- Trial period — Nectar Sleep gives you a 365-night trial period to test out the bed, which is far more than most mattress brands.
- Returns — You can return your mattress for free at any time during the trial period. Just contact customer support to get started.
- Warranty — You get a forever warranty with either Nectar or Nectar Lush.
Nectar vs. Nectar Lush Mattress Comparison Verdict
Hopefully, you have a much better understanding of not only the areas in which these two beds overlap and where they differ.
The Nectar Lush mattress was introduced to provide a higher-end mattress product for customers looking for other options from the manufacturer. The original Nectar mattress has a firmer feel than the Lush mattress. The Lush is 1” thicker than the Nectar 11” mattress, with enhanced cooling from the gel layer. If you’re still unsure of which bed to get, ask yourself the questions below:
- What is your budget for a new mattress? If you answered by saying around $1,000, the standard Nectar mattress is the answer.
- What is your firmness preference? Do you like soft or firm beds more? If you answered firm, the flagship mattress is the way to go. If soft was your answer, the Lush is the way to go.
- What is your primary sleeping position? If you’re a primary side sleeper, we’d recommend the Lush. If you’re a primary back or stomach sleeper, we’d recommend the standard Nectar mattress. If you’re a combo sleeper, both beds will work, and it comes down to what you want to spend.
Other Nectar Products
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 175 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team