|$949 – $1,999||Price Range||$1,699 – $2,599|
|20% Off Applied In Cart||Offer||$200 Off Applied In Cart|
|100 Nights||Trial Period||100 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Before we start waltzing around crowning a winner, let’s explain some areas where Nest Bedding and Purple are similar.
- Shipping — You will not pay anything additional for shipping with either Nest Bedding or Purple, so long as you live inside the contiguous United States (so sorry AK and HI).
- Trial Period — Both brands allow you 100 nights to test the bed. To be clear, that’s 100 nights of using the mattress as you would any other mattress in the comfort of your own home.
- Returns — During that if you decide that no longer want the bed, well, Nest and Purple offer totally free returns. What exactly does that mean? It means they send a company to come pickup the mattress from your home and you should get a full refund.
- Coils — Nest Sparrow has pocketed coils, as do the Purple Hybrid mattresses. Therefore, whether you prefer the bounce from the coils or you need a more supportive bed, both brands offer you a viable option.
Beyond what you see above, there is one other major commonality, and that is that both Nest Sparrow and Purple have an option for all sleeping positions. Not each model or firmness level will work for all sleep styles, but whether you’re a dominant stomach, side, or back sleeper, there is an option from both companies for you. You can learn more about the models on NestBedding.com and Purple.com.
20% OFF APPLIED IN CART
Why Nest Bedding Is Better — All things considered, Nest Sparrow is one of the nicest beds sold online. It’s difficult to poke holes in, so to speak, and has a lot to offer consumers. Let’s take a look at the major reasons why you should buy the Alexander Hybrid mattress over Purple.
Pillow Top Feel — Given the unique style of bed that is Purple, some people will simply prefer a more traditional mattress like Nest Sparrow Hybrid. While this is an extremely comfortable bed, it will feel more familiar than Purple because it’s using soft foam and a pillow top as opposed to a gel-like material.
Firmness — Nest offers this particular mattress in everything from ultra plush to medium firm, though, the most popular model is somewhere in between. The official names for the firmness options are: Plush, Medium, and Luxury Firm.
The “Plush” model, as you can see in the chart above, is really soft. In fact, it might be in the top two or three softest mattresses online. Internally, we prefer the “Medium,” which is also softer, but still able to accommodate people who rotate sleeping positions at night.
- Plush — Especially soft. Only recommended to petite side sleepers and those in need of relief for pressure points.
- Medium — Primarily a side sleeper mattress, but petite individuals will be fine in any position. We say this is a “medium-soft.”
- Luxury Firm — On the firmer side of the spectrum, but suitable for a variety of sleeping styles. Best for back and stomach sleepers.
Lifetime Warranty — There are a few beds that have a lifetime warranty and Nest Bedding Alexander Hybrid is one of them. And while we are of the opinion that Purple’s 10-year warranty is long enough, it’s hard to argue with lifetime coverage.
Replacement Option — Nest offers something they call a “Lifetime Comfort Guarantee” which ensures current Nest Bedding customers are discount on a future mattress should they not like their existing one.
For example, after the 100 night trial period expires, if you decide the bed is too small, big, firm, or soft, you won’t have to pay full price for a new bed.
Price Comparison For Nest Bedding & Purple
Below is a look at the MSRP for the queen size bed from Nest and Purple:
- Nest Alexander Hybrid — $1,599
- Original Purple — $1,099
- Purple Hybrid & Premier Models — $1,599 / $2,200 / $3,000
As you can see, Nest is in the middle in terms of price, though, they are more aggressive with their coupons. In many cases, the Nest mattress will end up around $1,300 after-discount.
- Free Shipping & Returns
- 100 Nights Trial Period
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in USA
$200 OFF APPLIED IN CART
Why You Should Buy A Purple Mattress Instead — If you want a bed unlike any other, you should consider purchasing from Purple. It’s not for everyone, but Purple certainly has many interesting features.
Hyper-Elastic Polymer — Most mattresses call on poly foam, memory foam, or latex foam to provide comfort to sleepers. Purple, on the other hand, might use foam as a transition layer, but it’s chief comfort layer is something called Hyper-Elastic Polymer. It’s anything but a foam.
In fact, the easiest way to describe what Hyper-Elastic Polymer is like is to say that it’s basically a mega size Dr. Scholl’s insole. It has the squishy, gel-like feel to it—not something that you’d associate with a comfortable mattress, but somehow it works. Here’s a demonstration as to what the material is like:
You’ll notice just how responsive and squishy Hyper-Elastic Polymer is. It’s the oddest of materials that can be almost firm and soft at the very same time, as totally impossible as that sounds.
As you lay on your side, you feel the pressure relief under your shoulders/hips, but other parts of your body feel buoyant, as though they are just floating atop the mattress.
If you were to rotate to your stomach or back, your entire body should feel the weightless sensation. It’s remarkable, weird, and a lot of fun.
Great For Hot Sleepers — For anyone that is constantly getting hot flashes or night sweats—or that just considers themselves to be a hot sleeper—Purple is flat-out one of your best options. It won’t necessarily feel cold-to-the-touch, but it will efficiently circulate air and help to keep you at a comfortable, neutral sleeping temperature.
If you look at the grid shape of Hyper-Elastic Polymer it’s no wonder why we say it can help to keep you cooler at night—there are hundreds of pockets of air. Not only that, but Hyper-Elastic Polymer as a material does not retain or trap heat the way poly foam or memory foam does.
All Purple Models — Most people only know that Purple makes a mattress, not that they technically offer three different models, and there is a difference that’s worth learning about. Here’s a quick overview:
- Original Purple — About 9.5″ thick with 2″ of Hyper-Elastic Polymer. Medium firmness level. Foam support base.
- Purple Hybrid — Also 2″ of HEP, but swaps the foam support for 7.5″ coils. Sits at about a medium-firm. This bed was formerly called the New Purple 2.
- Purple Hybrid Premier — Choose between 3″ and 4″ of Hyper-Elastic Polymer. Also has the coils. Medium firmness level. These beds used to be known as the New Purple 3 and New Purple 4.
Our favorite bed is Purple Hybrid Premier (the 3″ model), but for anyone that’s under about 230 lbs, the Original should provide a similar feel and firmness at a considerably lower price point.
Final Verdict: Nest Bedding vs Purple
Whether you get Purple or Nest Sparrow will depend on your answers to the following questions:
- Do you prefer something traditional or new?
- Do you want to choose from three firmness levels, or do you prefer something in the middle in terms of firmness?
- Are you an especially hot sleeper?
Of course, you want to consider your weight, sleeping position, and budget, but those won’t necessarily drive a decision one way or the other with these two beds.
- Free Shipping & Returns
- 100 Nights Trial Period
- 10 Years Warranty
- Made in USA