|$795 – $1,350||Price Range||$595 – $1,295|
|$300 Off + $455 In Free Accessories Applied In Cart||Offer||10% Off Code: SLUMBER10|
|101 Nights||Trial Period||100 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Puffy Mattress vs Casper Mattress Overview
Casper vs. Puffy wouldn’t be easy to figure out on reputation alone. Puffy started with a single mattress in 2017 — the Puffy original. The company banked on Puffy’s popularity to introduce the more luxurious Puffy Lux and Puffy Royal mattresses.
Casper has been making mattresses that provide the best of both worlds since 2014. The Casper is an extremely comfortable mattress, thanks to its zoned support system. Our Puffy mattress vs. Casper in-depth comparison will go over the details you need to know if you’re not sure which to pick.
Here are the primary differences between these two beds:
- Price — Casper’s mattresses are less expensive than Puffy’s.
- Firmness — Puffy is firmer than Casper.
- Design — Puffy has a machine washable cover, while Casper has a zoned support design for targeted support and pressure relief.
Puffy vs Casper Mattress Review Video
Puffy Mattress Review
We think the Puffy Mattress is ideal for customers who want a generally comfortable foam mattress that’s easier to clean than other online mattresses on the market.
Puffy Mattress Construction And Materials
The Puffy mattress is a 10″ thick all-foam bed with three layers:
- Base layer — 6″ lof firm support foam on the bottom to provide a solid foundation for the mattress
- Transition layer — 2″ of polyfoam as a soft transition layer
- Comfort layer — 2″ of gel-infused polyurethane foam called Cooling Cloud Foam
The topper is only 2” thick for some give, but the bed has more of a neutral-foam feel overall with a hint of memory foam.
The cover on Puffy Mattress is stain resistant and machine washable. Most online bed covers do not offer that kind of protection and convenience.
Puffy Feel And Firmness
We think the mattress comes in right around a medium on the firmness scale. The bed finds a decent balance between support and pressure relief.
Think this mattress has a neutral-foam feel that’s slightly more viscous than Casper thanks to the memory foam tendencies of Puffy’s proprietary foam material stacked in the top layer of the mattress.
Is Puffy A Good Mattress For Couples?
Couples should like this bed as long as they like the same kind of feel in a mattress.
Puffy doesn’t have any problems with edge support, so you’ll be able to sleep comfortably across the entire surface.
Puffy will do great at limiting the motion that transfers across the bed, so one sleeper’s movements on the bed shouldn’t disturb the other.
Puffy is temperature neutral, so it won’t heat you up or cool you down significantly.
Puffy Company Policies
When it comes to Casper vs Puffy, you want to know you can return which one you get in case it doesn’t work as well for you as you wanted. Here are Puffy’s policies:
- Shipping — Puffy will ship for free and arrive in a box.
- Free trial — Puffy gives you a 101-night trial period. If, for any reason, you decide you don’t like the mattress during the trial period, contact the company.
- Warranty — Puffy provides a lifetime warranty.
Other Puffy Models vs Casper
Casper vs Puffy Royal
Puffy Royal has four more inches than the Original Puffy, and it’s about a medium-soft to medium on our firmness scale. If you’re looking for a more plush option than Casper and a mattress that has a neutral foam feel, Puffy Royal might be the best choice for you.
Puffy Lux vs Casper Mattress
Is Puffy or Puffy Lux better in comparison with Casper? Puffy Lux is a luxury mattress, so it shouldn’t surprise you that it’s more expensive than Casper. Puffy Lux can also come as a hybrid option, and it has more layers than the original Casper or Puffy. If you want a more fluffy memory foam feel, Puffy Lux is designed for you. Side sleepers will enjoy this mattress.
Casper Mattress Review
Chances are you’ve heard the Casper name from one of your friends, on the radio or on one of your favorite podcasts. Forget about all the marketing, though, and let’s see how this mattress holds up.
Casper Construction And Materials
The Original Casper mattress is an 11″ thick all-foam bed withthree layers:
- Base layer — A thick layer of dense support foam on the bottom to provide a base for the rest of the mattress
- Memory foam layer — A zoned support layer split into thirds. The top and bottom thirds are softer (where you need more pressure relief) and the middle third is firmer (where you need more support).
- Comfort layer — A proprietary foam layer on top for a soft, neutral feel
Casper Feel And Firmness
In terms of firmness, Casper is similar to Puffy in that we think it lands around a medium on the firmness scale. It too strikes a nice balance between comfort, support and pressure relief.
You don’t feel too much of that secondary memory foam layer. The top layer is soft to the touch and comfortable. It just doesn’t quite conform to your body the way memory foam does. That’s why we call it more of a neutral-foam, which a lot of people prefer. It’s a super comfortable mattress.
Is Casper Good For Couples?
Like with Puffy, it comes down to both people liking the feel of the mattress, motion isolation, edge support and temperature regulation.
Casper isn’t going to give you the roll-off feeling if you’re close to the edges, making it a good pick for couples.
Like Puffy, Casper is an all-foam bed. All-foam beds tend to do well with reducing motion transfer.
If you’re wondering Casper vs Puffy based on temperature regulation, you’re out of luck. Casper also is a temperature neutral bed.
- Shipping — Casper gives free shipping.
- Free trial — Casper offers a 100-night risk-free trial period, which is one day less than Puffy.
- Warranty — Casper backs its mattresses with a 10-year warranty.
Other Casper Mattresses vs Puffy
Casper Wave vs Puffy
Casper Wave is Casper’s most luxurious mattresses, Is Casper Wave worth the extra money? Its more advanced zoned support design and features for more airflow make the Casper Wave stand out above the crowd. If Casper original and Puffy original aren’t advanced enough for you, consider Casper Wave.
Casper Element vs Puffy
What if you’re on a budget and wondering which mattress is better, Casper or Puffy? Both are great mattresses, but if you want a budget option, Casper Element is a good choice. The Element is simpler than the other mattresses in either brand, but it’s a comfortable bed if you want to save money or are looking for an inexpensive mattress for a guest room or college dorm room.
Casper Nova vs Puffy
If Casper or Puffy is still too firm for you, Casper has an even softer option. Casper Nova sits at a medium-soft on the firmness scale and is a great option for side sleepers.
Puffy vs Casper Mattress Pricing
Casper tends to be less expensive, but the prices can sometimes be less than $100 apart, so it’s hard to choose between Casper or Puffy mattress on pricing alone. You should also know that we chose Puffy and Casper as two of the best twin mattresses. Here is a chart of current prices:
Casper vs Puffy Sleeper Analysis
How a bed feels to someone will depend on your weight and sleeping position.
Both beds are good for side sleepers.
Back And Stomach Sleepers
Most sleepers should be able to be comfortable on this bed including back, stomach and combo sleepers.
Body Type Analysis
Some petite side sleepers under ~150 lbs may think Casper is a little too firm, but both should be comfortable for most petite people.
Puffy and Casper are all-foam beds, so they aren’t ideal for people who weigh 230~ or more. However, both brands have options to add coils for increased support and durability with other mattress models.
Casper Mattress vs Puffy Review Verdict
These two beds have several similarities, like how they both perform similarly in terms of firmness, temperature regulation, motion isolation, and edge support. In our eyes, the decision between these two beds boils down to feel and price:
- Price — In short, is the price a big factor in your decision on which mattress you should purchase? We’d have to give the edge to Puffy on this one.
- Feel — Do you like the sensation memory foam provides or do you want a more strict neutral-foam feel? Some people out there swear by memory foam and others don’t really like how it conforms to their bodies. Luckily, with Puffy, you get a little bit of that memory foam feel but it’s not overwhelming.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 150 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team
Puffy Lux vs Casper Wave
While most of this comparison centers around the Original Casper and Puffy mattresses, we wanted to carve out a section dedicated to Puffy Lux vs Casper Wave. Both of these mattresses are the upgraded foam beds from the brands.Here’s a quick overview of each mattress:
- Puffy Lux — This is a softer memory foam mattress that measures in at 12″ thick. Side sleepers, in particular, will like this bed.
- Casper Wave — The Wave has a similar feel to that of the Original Casper, but it has an upgraded, more advanced foam design. Casper Wave features a “Hyper-Targeted Zoned Support” framework that provides more support near the center of your mattress and more pressure relief elsewhere. It’s an expensive mattress, but it’s also really nice.
Here are the main reasons to purchase one over the other.
- Price — Casper Wave has an MSRP for the queen of $2,300 and Puffy Lux is around $1,800 before discounts.
- Feel — The Wave feels like a classic soft foam mattress, while Puffy Lux has a memory foam feel.
- Firmness — We consider Casper Wave to be around a “medium” and Puffy Lux to be somewhere around a “medium-soft.”
- Sleep Styles — If you’re a stomach or back sleeper, we prefer The Wave because it’s a little firmer. Both are good beds for side sleepers.
The x-factor is how much value you place on The Wave’s zoned support system. We like both mattresses, but it will come down to your personal preferences. If you like memory foam more, you might consider Puffy Lux. If you don’t like it, The Wave probably makes more sense.
You can buy a Casper mattress on Amazon. Puffy mattresses are only available online for shipping to the United States and Canada through the Puffy.com website.
You’re in luck — you don’t need a special bed frame for a Caper or Puffy mattress. You can use your existing bed frame, even if it’s an adjustable style.
You can sleep right away on both mattresses. Simply unpack them and let them take shape. Either style should take 24 to 48 hours to fully “inflate”.