|$899 – $1,449||Price Range||$599 – $1,199|
|$300 Off + $455 In Free Accessories Code: BFCM350||Offer||$100 Off + $399 In Free Accessories|
|101 Nights||Trial Period||365 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Puffy Mattress vs. Nectar Mattress Comparison Overview
These mattresses are both as comfortable and welcoming as they sound, but unless you have multiple rooms to switch mattresses regularly, you’ll have to pick Nectar or Puffy. To make it easier, we’ve compiled a thorough guide to Nectar vs. Puffy, including a mattress firmness comparison. Here are the highlights of the differences:
- Feel — The Puffy mattress has a neutral-foam feel, while the Nectar mattress has more of a pure memory foam feel.
- Firmness — The Nectar mattress is a notch or two firmer than the Puffy.
- Price — Both mattresses are in the same price range, but Puffy’s beds are slightly cheaper.
- Special cover – The Puffy mattress uses a cover that is both stain-resistant and machine washable.
Puffy vs. Nectar Video Comparison
Puffy Mattress Review
Design & Construction
If you think “puffy” is a good word to describe a mattress, you’re not wrong. This mattress gained popularity so quickly that it was even featured on The Ellen Show, and it’s just as comfortable as the name implies.
- Support layer — First is a layer of dense support foam.
- Transition layer — Next is a transition layer that helps neutralize the harder support foam beneath.
- Comfort layer — For the top comfort layer, the company uses a special proprietary foam called Cooling Cloud Foam. It’s a light, airy memory foam feel.
Because the top layer is only 2″ thick and not memory foam, we wouldn’t consider Puffy to be a true memory foam mattress. Instead, we’d say the bed has more of a neutral-foam feel, meaning the top layers don’t conform to your body as much as the Nectar mattress. The Puffy mattress has a comfortable, soft foam feel with a hint of memory foam.
The cover is removable, stain-resistant and machine washable. Most bed-in-a-box mattress covers are removable, but the vast majority of them are not stain-resistant and washable.
Now, let’s look at Puffy compared to Nectar. If you’re a big memory fan, it’s time to perk up. The Nectar mattress uses three foam layers in its 12” of comfort:
- Standard Foam Base Support – As the name implies, this 7″ layer serves as the bed’s foundation.
- Soft Support Foam – The proprietary material is basically a 2″ layer of memory foam that acts as a transition layer from the support foam below.
- Gel memory foam – A top layer of 3″ gel memory foam.
- Cooling Cover – This soft cover provides a cooling sensation upon direct contact.
When you first lay down, the mattress feels firm, and you don’t sink in that much. However, soon the top memory foam layers conform to your body. If you like the feel of memory foam, you’d likely enjoy sleeping on the Nectar mattress.
Feel & Firmness
In terms of feel, Puffy fits in somewhere between memory foam and neutral-foam feel. It’s accommodating and comfortable without the overwhelming sinking-in feeling of traditional memory foam.
Overall, we think the Puffy mattress comes in around a medium on the firmness scale. The bed strikes a nice balance between comfort and support.
With Nectar, you don’t sink as much, and your hips stay a little more in horizontal alignment with the rest of your body. It has a dense memory foam feeling, but it takes about 5 seconds for your body to start sinking into the mattress.
Nectar is a bit firmer than Puffy, coming in around a medium-firm on the firmness scale.
Other Factors to Consider
If you share a bed with someone, you’ll want to pay attention to motion isolation, edge support and temperature regulation to make sure you both feel rested.
Motion transfer isolation is important to consider if one or both partners are active in their sleep (i.e., they move around or get up a lot throughout the night). With beds that isolate motion well (like Puffy and Nectar), you won’t feel as much of your partner’s movements, which will help lead to a more restful night’s sleep.
Edge support is another important topic, especially for couples who share a smaller mattress. Beds with solid edge support provide more useful surface area for both partners to spread out and get comfortable without feeling like they’re going to roll off the edge. You won’t feel like you’re going to fall off the mattress with Puffy or Nectar, even if you sleep on the edge.
We think both Puffy and Nectar sleep temperature neutral, so it won’t heat you up or cool you down at any significant level. In other words, the beds themselves won’t be the primary reason why you get hot or cold at night.
Body Type Analysis
Petite sleepers won’t find a significant comfort difference with Nectar vs. Puffy mattresses. Both beds should suit smaller people, but you should be aware that mattresses will likely feel firmer to you if you’re in this weight category.
If you’re an average-sized individual, Nectar and Puffy should feel true to the firmness and feel descriptions in this review. We found that both of these mattresses are comfortable and accommodating for people in this category.
One potential downside with both Puffy and Nectar is that they are not the best options for heavy people because of their constructions. At the end of the day, both mattresses are composed entirely of foam and total 10″ and 11″ thick, respectively.
We almost always steer big people towards beds that contain coils, whether they’re individually pocketed or part of an innerspring system. That’s because coils are more durable and also provide more resistance against pressure than dense support foams, which both Nectar and Puffy use for their foundations. As such, if you’re a heavy person (250+ lb), we recommend you check out our list of the Best Mattresses For Heavy People or Best Hybrid Mattresses.
Sleeper Type Analysis
- Side Sleepers
Both will be comfortable for side sleepers. At first, Nectar doesn’t seem ideal due to the firmness, but once you nestle into the top layers, it’s a comfortable mattress. After a few seconds, the top layers do a good job of cradling your pressure points (hips and shoulders) when you’re on your side.
- Combo Sleepers
In reviewing the Puffy vs. Nectar mattress, we found that both beds are accommodating for combination sleepers. We would note that combo sleepers might find it a bit harder to roll around on top of Nectar’s multiple layers, but this is typical of memory foam mattresses.
- Back & Stomach Sleepers
If you sleep on your back or stomach, it’s important to find a mattress that keeps your lower back and trunk supported. Nectar or Puffy will be comfortable for back and stomach sleepers because both provide a good amount of support.
You’ll get buyer-friendly policies with Nectar or Puffy. Here’s what Puffy offers:
- Shipping — The Puffy mattress ships via FedEx for free and arrives at your door compressed and rolled up in a box. It’s a good idea to let the mattress breathe and fully inflate for a couple of days before sleeping on it.
- Trial period — Once the mattress is delivered, Puffy offers you a 101-night risk-free sleep trial. Basically, Puffy is giving you over three months to test their bed in the comfort of your own home.
- Returns — If you decide the Puffy mattress is not for you within the trial period, just contact customer support to arrange for a third-party service to remove the mattress from your home for no additional charge. Once that occurs, just provide proof to Puffy that the mattress has been picked up to get your full refund.
- Warranty — Puffy backs its mattresses with a lifetime warranty.
Puffy Lux vs Nectar Comparison
For those of you who are unaware, the company also offers another mattress called the Puffy Lux. It’s a premium all-foam bed that is slightly softer than the flagship Puffy mattress.
READ MORE ABOUT PUFFY
Nectar Mattress Policies
Whether you go with Puffy or Nectar, you’ll find similar policies:
- Shipping — The Nectar mattress ships for free and arrives in a bag.
- Trial period — Nectar offers a full year to try out the mattress, which is much longer than most mattresses in a box.
- Returns — You can return your mattress during that year for a full refund.
- Warranty — Nectar mattresses also come with a forever warranty.
READ MORE ABOUT NECTAR:
- Nectar Lush Mattress Review
- Nectar Vs Nectar Lush Mattress Comparison
- Nectar Adjustable Bed Frame Review
- Nectar Pillow Review
Puffy vs Nectar Pricing
The Nectar mattress is in roughly the same price range as Puffy. A queen-size Nectar has an MSRP of about $1,298, while the Puffy queen mattress has an MSRP of $1,150. Both companies offer discounts, and you can expect Nectar’s promotions to be in the $300-$400 price range.
Similarly, Puffy is almost always running a big promotion. We regularly see Puffy offer $250-$300 off MSRP. It might be a good idea to check Puffy.com to see what the current promotion is. It’s also worth noting that Nectar typically throws in free accessories (like pillows and sheets) with each mattress purchase.
|Twin XL||$825||$669 ($569)|
|King/California King||$1,350||$1,199 ($1,099)|
Nectar Mattress vs Puffy Review Verdict
After the last section regarding similarities, you still might be a little confused as to which bed to purchase. In our eyes, the decision comes down to three primary factors:
- Budget — If you’re tight on cash, go with Nectar. It’s the cheaper mattress (after discounts), plus the company often throws in two free pillows.
- Feel — You have to decide whether you’d like a soft, neutral-foam feel (Puffy) or a slightly firmer, dense memory foam feel (Nectar).
- Firmness — If you want a firmer bed, go Nectar. If you want a slightly softer bed, go with Puffy.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 175 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team
Puffy and Nectar offer free shipping and returns on all their products, including mattresses. Both companies offer fast delivery through FedEx.
In terms of affordability, Puffy has cheaper prices for every mattress size. However, both companies offer excellent promotions, so it’s worth comparing prices before making a decision.
Overall, Nectar mattresses are firmer than Puffy mattresses. Part of that is because Nectar mattresses are made of memory foam, which is denser than Puffy’s mixed foam material. Technically, Nectar classifies their mattress as medium-firm, but some Amazon reviewers claim that the mattress is actually much firmer than advertised.