|$699 – $1,449||Price Range||$912 – $2,075|
|$300 Off + $455 In Free Accessories Applied In Cart||Offer||Up To $250 Off Applied In Cart|
|101 Nights||Trial Period||365 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Overview of Puffy vs. Saatva Review
Before we get into the post, here are some of the major stand out differences when comparing the Saatva vs Puffy mattress, in case you’re short on time.
- Feel and Construction — Saatva is a hybrid mattress that has dual layers of coils and a soft pillow top. The Puffy mattress is an all-foam bed that has a soft, neutral-foam feel.
- Firmness Options — While Saatva lets you choose among Luxury Firm, Firm, and Plush Soft firmness levels, Puffy only comes in one firmness level (medium).
- Body Types — Because Saavta is a hybrid with coils, it can support all body types. Puffy is a 10” all-foam bed that’s best for petite to average sized individuals.
- Price – The Puffy mattress is the more affordable option.
We recognize that you might be searching for specific sections, here’s a short summary of the contents of this review.
Jump-To Links For This Mattress Comparison:
Honest Puffy vs Saatva Video Review
Saatva and Puffy are very different brands in the online mattress space, even though they’re priced similarly. Saatva is more of a luxury brand and offers a wide range of products. Puffy is a new-age bed-in-a-box company that has quickly caught on with consumers. Our detailed Saatva vs. Puffy mattress review will help you decide which is a better fit for you.
Puffy Original Mattress Review
In a short time, Puffy has defied the odds and become a household name in the competitive mattress-in-a-box industry. In this review, we take a detailed look at the company’s recently updated flagship mattress.
Puffy Mattress Ratings
Other Puffy Products
- Puffy Adjustable Base
- Puffy Pillow
- Puffy Mattress Topper
Puffy Construction And Materials
The Puffy mattress is a 10″ all-foam bed that consists of three layers:
- 6″ of dense support foam
- 2″ transition layer that the company calls “Climate Comfort” foam.
- 2″ layer of the company’s proprietary “Cooling Cloud” foam.
Puffy Feel And Firmness
This top layer has memory foam like characteristics, but overall we’d say the bed has more of a neutral feel to it. In other words, the feel of the bed lands somewhere kind of in-between that of a memory foam bed and a neutral-foam bed. In terms of firmness we place it right in the middle of our scale with a medium firmness rating.
Puffy Sleeper Type Analysis
Moving on, we think the Puffy mattress will work for all sleeper types (back, stomach, side and combo) because it’s in the middle in terms of firmness. While the bed is firm enough to support back and stomach sleepers, it also provides ample pressure relief for the hips and shoulders of side sleepers.
Speaking of weight, we don’t think this bed is a great option for heavier individuals given its all-foam 10″ construction. Generally, beds with coils are more supportive and durable. If you’re a heavier person, Saatva is the better choice.
With that said, Puffy does offer hybrid models of their Lux and Royal mattresses. Therefore, if you do like the sound of Puffy so far, but you’re on the heavier side, you may want to check out those beds using the links above.
Saatva Mattress Review
A comparison review wouldn’t be right without something to compare, so we’d like to introduce the Saatva and our Saatva vs. Puffy comparison.
Saatva Mattress Ratings
- BBB Rating: A+
- Amazon Reviews: Saatva mattresses are not sold on Amazon.
Other Saatva Products
- Lineal Adjustable Base by Saatva
- Saatva Foundation
- Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress
Saatva Construction And Materials
The Saatva mattress uses four layers, starting with two layers of coils followed by another two layers of foam cushioning.
- Bottom layer: Thick steel coil innerspring system for maximum support
- Middle layer: Memory foam right underneath the cover for additional more pressure relief and coziness
- Middle layer: Individually-wrapped pocketed coils which are better at isolating movement than standard innersprings
- Top layer: Euro-top for fluffy and plush comfort
Saatva Feel And Firmness
The Saatva mattress comes in multiple firmness options: Luxury firm, firm and plush soft. We tested the flagship mattress, the luxury firm and think it lands around a medium-firm on the firmness scale.
Saatva Sleeper Type Analysis
Because this bed comes in different firmness options, all types of sleepers will be able to find a model that works for them. We would recommend the Luxury Firm option for back and stomach sleepers because they’ll typically want a firmer bed to keep their spine properly supported. If you’re a side sleeper, you need the pressure relief of a softer mattress, so we recommend getting the Plush Soft option. The Saatva mattress is also very responsive, making it ideal for combo sleepers
Saatva Is A Good Mattress For All Sleepers
Not all mattresses will suit all sleepers, but thanks to the multiple models and firmnesses, Saatva is best for all sleepers. We think petite individuals will do best with the plush soft model, average folks can choose their model based on how firm they prefer their mattress, and heavy individuals will want to go with the Saatva HD, which was specifically designed for larger individuals.
SEE ALSO: Saatva Mattress Review
SEE ALSO: Saatva vs DreamCloud Mattress Review
Puffy Vs. Saatva Mattress Pricing
You can often find Puffy for a cheaper price. Both beds have a MSRP of around $1,100-$1,500 for a queen size, but Puffy is much more aggressive when it comes to sales, discounts and coupon codes.
|King / Cal King||$1,350||$1,974|
Saatva Vs. Puffy Mattress Review Verdict
The Saatva and Puffy mattresses are similar in that they’re both extremely accommodating beds. We think all types of sleepers (side, back, stomach and combo) will find both beds to be comfortable and supportive. But that’s where the similarities end for the most part. In our opinion, here are the main decision points:
- Feel: Puffy is an all-foam bed with a soft foam feel, while Saatva is a premium innerspring bed with a euro pillow top.
- Size: If you’re a larger individual, you’re probably going to want the dual coil system that Saatva offers. It will support you better and be more durable in the long run.
- Price: Saatva is priced about $150 more expensive (based on queen size). However, with that said, Puffy is more aggressive when it comes to coupon codes, so there’s a good chance you’ll be able to snag it on discount.
If money is no issue, you might want to consider going for Saatva so that you can choose between firmness options and have the durability from the dual coil system. Both mattresses are good beds, though many people will be happy with either.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 150 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team
- Trial period length: Puffy offers a 101-night trial period, but Saatva outdoes Puffy with a 120-night trial period.
- Warranty policy: Even though Saatva offers industry leading 15-25 year warranties depending on the mattress model you purchase, Puffy goes over and above that with a lifetime warranty on its mattresses.
- Shipping info: Both Puffy and Saatva offer free delivery and free returns within the trial period, but Saatva goes the extra yard by offering free white glove delivery of its mattresses.
When talking about Saatva vs Puffy mattress comparisons the Puffy mattress is definitely the softest of the two.
Without a doubt it is the Saatva mattress. They even have a mattress specifically designed for those who weigh 250 lbs or more called the Saatva HD.
The Puffy mattress is by far the most affordable of these two mattresses.