Key Highlights For Avocado vs Saatva
Avocado and Saatva are both well-recognized and well-reputed brands in the online mattress space. They often end up on the same short list for shoppers because the two brands have similar marketing tactics and cater to a similar demographic of sleepers.
However, there are significant differences between the two:
- Construction — Avocado is a latex foam hybrid, while Saatva has an innerspring design with a fluffy pillow-top as the comfort layer
- Firmness — Saatva has three firmness options, and Avocado has an optional pillow top to take the mattress from firm to medium-firm
- Price — Saatva is more affordable than Avocado with the pillow-top.
You can use these links to jump to a specific section of our Saatva vs Avocado comparison:
Avocado vs Saatva Review Video
Saatva Mattress Review
The Saatva mattress is a luxury online bed known to be high quality and comfortable. In addition to the Saatva Luxury mattress (the focus of today’s comparison), the company also offers two other mattresses. The Zenhaven is a double-sided 100 percent talalay latex foam mattress, while the Loom & Leaf is an all-foam mattress that has a deep memory foam feel.
Saatva Construction And Materials
Saatva uses both coils and layers of foam. It contains dual layers of coils, which is what sets it apart from many hybrid beds.
Saatva’s layers starting from the bottom are:
- Base layer — Innersprings to provide a solid foundation for the mattress
- Middle layer — Pocketed coils that help isolate movement on a mattress more efficiently because each coil is individually wrapped and moves independently from each other
- Comfort layer — A thin layer of memory foam right underneath the cover for added pressure relief
- Top layer — Euro pillow-top for plush and fluffy comfort
Saatva’s two layers of coils make it a supportive and especially durable mattress. The coils keep heavy back sleepers properly supported, while also extending the lifespan of the bed.
While the Saatva comes in two heights, Custom Slim (11.5”) and Premier Luxury (14.5”). The feel doesn’t change, however, regardless of the height you choose.
Saatva Feel And Firmness
The flagship Saatva mattress is offered in plush soft, luxury firm and firm:
- Plush soft: Softer foams and extra padding give it a body-hugging feel.
- Luxury firm: This option provides a balance of comfort and support.
- Firm: Firmer foams let you feel as if you’re lying on top of the mattress instead of sinking in it.
Is Saatva A Good Mattress For Couples?
Couples need good edge support so they don’t feel like they’re falling off if they get close to the edge and motion isolation so they don’t feel as much of their partner’s movements in the night.
This mattress has great edge support because of the layer of foam around the bed.
This bed is average because of is coils, but we don’t think it will be a problem for most people.
Saatva Company Policies
- Shipping — Saatva offers free white-glove delivery (mattress will be set up by the delivery service) and removal of your old mattress.
- Trial period — Saatva offers 180 nights.
- Returns — With Saatva, a third-party service removes the mattress for a $99 return fee to cover the cost of the white-glove delivery.
- Warranty — Saatva has a 15-year warranty.
Other Saatva Beds vs Avocado
Zenhaven vs Avocado
The Zenhaven is a double-sided 100 percent Talalay latex foam mattress. If what draws you to Avocado is its eco-friendliness, Zenhaven is a good option. Talalay latex is a natural foam made from rubber tree sap. It’s eco-friendly, hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. This mattress is also flippable.
Loom & Leaf vs Avocado
The Loom & Leaf is an all-foam mattress that has a deep memory foam feel. The cover is made from organic cotton. It’s also great for hot sleepers because of the cooling gel in it.
Avocado Mattress Review
The Avocado Green Mattress is one of the most popular and recognizable eco-friendly beds on the market. In fact, it has been recommended by Consumer Reports.
Avocado Construction And Design
Avocado is a hybrid mattress, using both foam and coils and is made with a host of natural and eco-friendly materials. It’s one of the areas where Avocado stands apart from Saatva. The company has received a number of health certifications for its materials.
Avocado’s layers are the following:
- Base layer — 8” layer of individually wrapped pocketed coils made of recycled steel
- Comfort layer — 3” layer of 100 % GOTS-certified latex foam for bouncy and supportive comfort
- Cover — 100 percent GOTS-certified organic cotton cover that’s more breathable than standard cotton
There’s also an additional 2” layer of latex foam if you get the optional pillow top.
All of the products are manufactured in a GOTS- and GOLS-certified factory. The foam is antimicrobial — mold, dust mite and allergen resistant. Other materials include natural hydrated silica, which acts as a fire barrier.
SEE ALSO: Best Organic & Natural Mattresses List
Avocado Feel And Firmness
The standard Avocado mattress provides a balance of firmness and comfort, leaning more towards the firm side. If you buy the optional pillow top, the mattress lands around a medium-firm on the firmness scale and delivers a luxury, plush feel.
We advocate for the optional pillow top because it adds some pleasant cushiony comfort to an otherwise firm mattress. Of course, if you’re looking for a mattress that is a true firm, you can get that by forgoing the pillow top.
Is Avocado Good For Couples?
Avocado has good edge support.
Motion isolation is also good on the Avocado.
Avocado Company Policies
- Shipping — Avocado offers free shipping, and your mattress will arrive compressed in a box.
- Trial period — Avocado offers a year.
- Returns — A third-party service removes the mattress for you at no charge.
- Warranty — Avocado has a 25-year warranty.
Saatva vs Avocado Pricing
If Saatva and Avocado are out of your price range, check out our list of the Best Mattresses Under $1,000.
|Size||Saatva Luxury Firm||Avocado|
SEE ALSO: Saatva vs Purple Mattress Comparison
Awara vs Saatva Sleeer Type Analysis
Your weight and favorite sleeping positions will affect how a mattress feels to you. The bulk of our reviews are written with the average sleeper in mind, but it’s important to consider certain things that will affect you.
Saatva’s plush soft is best for side sleepers. Side sleepers may also want to go with the pillow-top option from Avocado.
Back And Stomach Sleepers
The luxury firm from Saatva is great for all sleeper positions, especially back and stomach sleepers. the firm option is great for people who like to sleep in those positions and like a firmer bed. Due to its firmness, the standard Avocado mattress is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
The addition of the optional pillow-top makes the mattress good for combo sleepers, some side sleepers, and those in need of pressure relief.
If you’re a petite side sleeper, you’ll probably be most comfortable on the plush soft from Saatva. The pillow top from Avocado would be the best option for smaller people, but it might stilll be too firm for petite side sleepers.
Heavier individuals likely won’t get the support they need from Saatva’s plush soft. For the most support, they should choose Saatva’s firm option.
Saatva vs Avocado Review Verdict
In the end, these are both quality beds. Whether you go with Saatva or Avocado, you’ll be getting a well-made product. If you’re still having trouble settling on one or the other, consider these questions:
- How much do you care about the eco-friendliness of your bed? If you care enough to pay more for it, go with Avocado.
- Do you prefer latex foam (and its benefits) or more of a traditional innerspring type feel? For latex, go with Avocado. For more of a traditional mattress feel, get the Saatva.
- Do you need firmness options or extra support? If so, Saatva is the pick.
Use these factors to decide which bed is right for you.