|$849 – $1,899||Price Range||$1,899 – $2,799|
|$200 Off Mattress Orders $1,000+||Offer||Free Sheets & Pillows Applied In Cart|
|180 Nights||Trial Period||100 Nights|
|15 Years||Warranty||10 Years|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Purple vs Saatva Highlights
Saatva and Purple are two mattress brands known for being luxurious, high-quality options. Although they are both above average in price and features, they are extremely different beds. Here are the highlights between Saatva and Purple:
- Feel — Purple beds have a unique, gel-like feel, while the Saatva mattress has a more traditional innerspring feel.
- Price — Saatva is more expensive than the Original Purple but cheaper than the Purple Hybrid mattresses.
- Sleeper type — Purple beds offer more pressure relief than Saatva. As such, they’re preferable for side sleepers.
- Firmness options — Saatva gives you the option to choose between three comfort levels. Purple beds come in one feel (medium).
You can use these links to jump around our Purple mattress vs Saatva comparison:
Saatva vs Purple Hybrid Premier Mattress Video
Saatva Classic Review
Construction And Design
The Saatva mattress has high-quality construction. Here are its layers from bottom to top:
- Base layer — Steel coil innerspring layer for support
- Coil layer — Layer of pocketed coils
- Transition layer — Layer of memory foam
- Comfort layer — Soft euro pillow topper
This type of construction (innerspring plus topper) is what most people are probably used to, except Saatva’s construction is more advanced than the innerspring bed you probably grew up sleeping on.
Feel And Firmness
The Saatva mattress has more of a traditional innerspring feel as it’s firm and supportive, with a bit of neutral comfort on top. Many people prefer this type of feel over a lot of the newer bed-in-a-box mattresses that are made with layers of soft foam. If you fall into that category, chances are you’ll love Saatva.
Saatva is available in three comfort levels: plush soft, luxury firm and firm.
Is Saatva Good For Couples?
It’s one of the best beds we’ve ever tested for edge support, which is especially important for partners in full or queen size beds. You won’t feel like you’re going to fall off the bed if you get close to the edge.
The bed is about average, so it’s not the best out there, but it shouldn’t be much of a problem for the vast majority of people either.
- Shipping — You get free white-glove delivery. Saatva will also remove your old mattress with white-glove delivery.
- Returns — A third-party service to remove the mattress for you. Saatva charges $99 to recoup the cost of the white-glove delivery.
- Trial period — Saatva offers 180 nights.
- Warranty period — Saatva offers 15 years.
Saatva Latex Hybrid vs Purple
Saatva offers an even more luxury bed if the classic isn’t quite right for you. It’s still a lot different from the Purple. The Saatva Latex version is an all-natural, organic mattress. If you prefer the feeling of latex over Purple’s gel-like feel or Saatva Classic’s foam feel, the premium Saatva option might be for you. You might also choose this one if having an organic mattress is a priority.
There are four Purple mattress models to choose from:
- Original Purple — This bed has two layers of polyurethane foam and a 2″ slab of Hyper-Elastic Polymer.
- Purple Hybrid — This uses individually pocketed coils as opposed to dense support foam.
- Purple Hybrid Premier 3 — This mattress is similar to the base hybrid model, but it has 1″ more of the polymer material on top.
- Purple Hybrid Premier 4 — This bed is similar to the Premier 3 model, except it uses an additional inch of the special polymer on top.
For more details, on how these four models differ, check out our full Purple Mattress Comparison. We will focus on the Purple Hybrid in this review.
Purple Hybrid Construction And Design
Purple Hybrid beds are different from most other online mattresses due to their special top layer. Instead of foam or some sort of topper, the Purple mattress
es uses a patented material called Hyper-Elastic Polymer that is extremely flexible, soft , and responsive. Although it’s technically polymer, it acts and feels more like silicone or a gel-like material. As such, all Purple beds have a gel-like feel to them.
The layers of this bed are
- Base layer — Responsive support coils
- Comfort layer — 2” of Hyber-Elastic Polymer
- Cover — Premium Stretchmax cover
Purple Hybrid Feel And Firmness
As you lay on the bed, you can feel the Hyper-Elastic Polymer shifting, compressing and conforming to your body. It’s a little odd at first, but after a few nights of sleeping on the bed, we’ve found most people enjoy the feel.
What’s unique about Hyper-Elastic Polymer is that it’s also supportive. It’s one of the few materials that provide the best of both worlds (pressure relief and support). The company likes to say it’s “soft where you want it and firm where you need it.”
Is Purple Good For Couples?
Purple has good edge support.
The Hyper-Elastic Polymer does a good job at reducing motion transfer.
Purple Company Policies
- Shipping — You get free shipping. Purple will arrive rolled up and compressed in a protective bag.
- Returns — Purple does the returns for free through a third-party service.
- Trial period — Purple offers 100 nights.
- Warranty period — Purple offers ten years.
Saatva vs Purple Pricing
Saatva is more affordable than the Purple Hybrid mattress. For its price, we think Saatva is a steal considering its high-quality construction. It even made our list of the Best Mattresses For The Money.
|Size||Saatva Classic Luxury Firm||Purple Hybrid|
If Saatva and Purple are both out of your price range, check out our list of the best budget mattresses.
Sleeper Type Analysis
Mattresses will feel different to everyone based on preferences, weight and sleeping position We base our reviews on average body types, but we also consider how others will feel on each mattress.
- Side SleepersGood For
In our opinion, Purple beds are better than Saatva for side sleepers. The Hyper-Elastic Polymer top layer on the Purple mattress does a great job of cradling your hips and shoulders when you’re on your side. In fact, Purple even made our list of Best Mattresses For Side Sleepers.
If you go with the Saatva, plush soft would be the best option.
- Back And Stomach SleepersGood For
Both beds will give you the support you need to sleep on your back or stomach. The luxury firm option from Saatva will be better than soft plush. Firm is also good for people who like a firmer bed.
- Combination SleepersGood For
Both beds will give you the responsiveness you need.
Body Type Analysis
- Heavy Individuals
Both beds have coils, so that will help give the needed support. Luxury firm and firm from Saatva will be more supportive for larger individuals.
- Petite Individuals
Petite individuals should be fine on either, but they may be most comfortable on Saatva’s plush soft.
Purple vs. Saatva Review Verdict
Hopefully, we’ve helped with your decision on Saatva vs. Purple Hybrid. If not, ask yourself a few questions:
- What’s your budget? If you’re on a tight budget, the Saatva Classic may be a better choice.
- What type of feel do you like? Saatva gives you a more traditional mattress feel. But, if you’re tired of innerspring or foam mattresses or want to try something completely different, go with Purple.
- How much time do you spend sleeping on your side? If it’s a lot, go with a Purple mattress.
- Are you a hot sleeper? If so, we give Purple a slight edge.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 175 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team