|$798 – $1,498||Price Range||$141 – $266|
|$399 Of Free Accessories w/Purchase||Offer||See on Amazon|
|365 Nights||Trial Period||100 Nights|
|Free Shipping and Returns||Shipping Options||Free Shipping and Returns|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|
Zinus vs. Nectar Comparison Overview
Zinus and Nectar are both online mattress companies that started with a successful all-foam mattress and expanded into other variations. They’re both known for their affordable prices, although the Nectar is a little more expensive than the Nectar. Read on for a head-to-head comparison of Zinus vs. Nectar.
If price is your chief concern with a mattress, Zinus and Nectar have surely piqued your interest. Zinus Green Tea is a soft memory foam mattress, while Nectar has more of a dense feel. In this comparison review, we will break down each mattress in an effort to help you determine which is right for you.
Key Highlights For Zinus vs. Nectar
This comparison will contain the major reasons Nectar is better than Zinus, and Zinus is better than Nectar. But before we get into that, let’s run through a primary qualities:
- Warranty: Nectar comes with a lifetime warranty, compared to the Zinus 10-year warranty.
- Thickness: You can choose from four different thicknesses with Zinus vs. Nectar’s one option.
- Temperature: While both beds are temperature neutral, Nectar feels cooler because of the Tencel cover that’s an upgrade from the standard cover on the Zinus mattress.
Honest Zinus vs. Nectar Mattress Review Video
Jump-To Links For This Comparison:
Nectar Mattress Review
Nectar is a popular bed with several advantages. The bed isn’t exclusively made for college students, young professionals, budget buyers and millennials, but those are the people who seem most attracted to the brand. It’s a nice mix between being a comfortable mattress and selling at a lower price point.
Nectar Construction And Materials
The Nectar mattress features four all-foam layers:
- Standard Foam Base Support – As the name implies, this 7″ layer serves as the bed’s foundation.
- Soft Support Foam – The proprietary material is basically a 2″ layer of memory foam that acts as a transition layer from the support foam below.
- Gel memory foam – A top layer of 3″ gel memory foam.
- Cooling Cover – This soft cover provides a cooling sensation upon direct contact.
Nectar Feel and Firmness
Nectar has a dense memory foam feel that you’re probably more familiar with. We rate Nectar as being somewhere around a medium-firm. You get a true sink-in feeling and the bed does conform itself to your body.
Having said that, Nectar comes off firmer for the first couple of seconds as you start to sink into the bed.
Nectar Sleeper Type Analysis
Whether you’re a combo, side, back, or stomach sleeper, Nectar should be fine as long as you’re aware of the fact that it’s not “plush” the way that Zinus Green Tea is. It’s a comfortable, versatile bed.
Nectar may be a bit too firm for side sleepers. Petite or lighter-weight sleepers may not sink in enough to relieve the pressure points caused to the hips or shoulders.
The Nectar’s firm foam feel is ideal for the combo sleeper who alternates positions throughout the night.
Back And Stomach Sleepers
As with combo sleepers, back and stomach sleepers will like this mattress. Unless you’re very heavy, you’ll get all the support you need to sleep in either position without hurting your back.
Nectar Is A Good Mattress For All Sleepers
The firmness of the all-foam mattress should provide the support needed for all sleeper body profiles. Unless you’re over 250 pounds, we’d recommend the Nectar for you. Heavier body types should consider a hybrid with coil innersprings for added support.
Nectar Pros And Cons
- Trial period of 365 nights
- Four supportive foam layers for minimal motion transfer
- Mattress cover infused with cooling memory foam gel
- Denser foam lacks bounce
- Not enough edge support for heavier individuals
- Only one thickness available
Other Nectar Products
Nectar Mattress Ratings
- BBB Rating: Not Rated
- Amazon Reviews: Nectar reviews are only a 1.9 out of 5, but they don’t represent many customers. Positive reviewers love the comfort of the mattress. Complaints are mainly about the quality of the mattress and the difficulty in getting the company to honor the warranty.
Zinus Green Tea Mattress Review
To compare the Nectar vs. Zinus, learn more about how the Zinus is constructed.
Zinus Green Tea Construction And Materials
The Zinus mattress, regardless of the thickness you purchase, comes with three layers:
- A comfort layer of memory foam infused with green tea extract
- A transitional layer of dense polyfoam
- The thickest layer of high-density polyfoam serves as the support core
Zinus Bed Feel And Firmness
If you like a plush memory foam feel, the Zinus Green Tea mattress is perfect. It might be the softest memory foam bed we’ve ever tried.
Zinus Sleeper Type Analysis
Side sleepers will like the softness of the foam, reducing any pressure points on hips and shoulders while sleeping.
If you’re the type of sleeper that shifts frequently throughout the night, the Zinus may work well. If you tend to spend more time on your back or stomach, you may need a firmer mattress. You’ll also have trouble shifting due to the softer firmness, feeling like you’re stuck in place.
Back And Stomach Sleepers
On that point, the Zinus is not the best mattress for back and stomach sleepers. It doesn’t provide the support you would need to comfortably sleep on your back or stomach.
Zinus Beds Are Best For Lean Sleepers
We’d say the Zinus is best for petite or lean individuals who could enjoy the softer feel of the foam. Position wouldn’t be as critical if you’re lighter in weight, making it a good buy.
Zinus Pros And Cons
- 4 mattress thicknesses available
- One of the lowest-cost memory foam mattresses around
- Side sleepers will like it
- May be too soft for larger adults
- Poor customer ratings
- Not as many layers as the Nectar mattress
Other Zinus Products
Zinus Mattress Ratings
Nectar vs. Zinus Green Tea Pricing
Both mattresses are affordable, all-foam mattresses but one mattress beats the other out when it comes to price. Take a look:
|Size||Nectar (Discount)||Zinus Green Tea (based on mattress thickness)|
|Twin||$798 ($499)||$151 – $252|
|Twin XL||$868 ($569)||$207|
|Full||$1,098 ($699)||$187 – $329|
|Queen||$1,198 ($799)||$205 – $374|
|King||$1,498 ($1,099)||$241 – $464|
|Cal King||$1,498 ($1,099)||$464|
Zinus Mattress vs. Nectar Review Verdict
As we’ve mentioned, this is really a story of memory foam. If you buy Nectar, you’re getting a memory foam mattress. If you purchase Zinus Green Tea, you’re also getting a memory foam mattress. As such, it comes down to the following questions:
- How soft or firm do you want the mattress to be?
- What’s your budget? Is it closer to $700 or $300?
- What’s your preferred sleeping position?
- Do you care about getting free pillows?
When deciding between Nectar vs Zinus, the Nectar may be a better bet. It may cost a bit more, but the Nectar comes with a forever warranty and doesn’t contain harmful fiberglass inside the cover.
The Nectar comes with a 365-night trial. The Zinus trial is for 100-nights. If you’re not happy with the mattress, reach out to customer service within the trial period to return the mattress for a refund.
The thickness or height of the mattress is a personal decision. You may want a thicker mattress if you’re not using a box spring and would like to adjust your bed height. In addition, if you’re heavier, the thinner mattress size may provide you with more support because the thicker the foam, the softer it will feel.
If you don’t want to bother with the hassle of moving and unpacking a big, heavy box, white-glove delivery could be a lifesaver. Zinus doesn’t offer white glove delivery but Nectar does. For $149, a delivery team will deliver, unpack and set up your bed for you.