The Simmons Beautyrest mattress line is one of the most luxurious bed collections on the market. Beds from Beautyrest look beautiful, feel amazingly comfortable, and are built to be long-lasting.
They also offer a ton of different models –– some are exclusively online, while others are available in stores all over the country. In these Beautyrest mattress reviews, we break down their different bed models and explore who we think would love them the most.
Honest Beautyrest Mattress Review
Beautyrest Line Mattress Overview
Surprise! You’re not just getting a review of the original Beautyrest mattress. In this Beautyrest mattress review, we’re going to talk about a few beds from Beautyrest.
|Special Features||Queen Price||Options||Materials|
|Beautyrest Black Original||Back or stomach sleepers||Despite being made with memory foam, it has a foam feel anyone can enjoy.||Queen: $2,699||Standard: 13” thick||Pocketed coils, plush foam, medium comfort foam, Energy foam, and Beautyrest Gel memory foam|
|Beautyrest Hybrid||Back, stomach, and combo sleepers||Special BlackICE Cooling cover that’s great for hot sleepers.||Queen: $2,599||Standard: 13.5” thick||Pocketed coils, transition foam, gel memory foam, and BlackICE cooling cover|
|Beautyrest Black Natasha||Back and stomach sleepers: firm model|
Side sleepers: Plush model
|Beautyrest Black Natasha is offered in two firmness levels –– Luxury firm and Plush.||Queen: $2,799||Standard: 16” thick||Braided coils, latex foam, BlackICE memory foam, and Aircool Gel memory foam, GelTouch foam, Aircool foam, and Airfeel foam|
|Beautyrest Silver||Back and stomach sleepers: firm model|
Side sleepers: Plush model
|Sleepers can choose from a variety of plush options. It’s also the most budget-friendly bed on the list.||Queen 11.75”: $799, Queen 12”: $899||Variety: 12”, 13”, 14.75”, 14.5”, 16.5”||Pocketed coil, gel memory foam|
Beautyrest Black Original Mattress
The Beautyrest Black Original bed is an impressive all-around bed. It’s great for couples, thanks to the BeautyEdge coils around the perimeter of the bed. The foam layers that make up the bed give it plenty of pressure relief and spinal alignment benefits. The biggest thing that you get from this bed is support—it’s there in spades.
It’s available as a base model (“L-Class”), cooling model (“C-Class”), and a cooling/comfort model (also “C-Class”). We like the variety this line offers; you get to choose which model best fits your sleeping needs. For instance, if you’re a particularly hot sleeper, you should opt for the C-Class cooling model of the Beautyrest Black mattress.
Beautyrest Black Original Construction
If you’re looking for a luxury hybrid mattress that also performs well in terms of pressure relief, edge support, and motion isolation, then look no further than the Beautyrest Black Original bed.
Let’s talk construction. The Black Original from Beautyrest is a 13” mattress. It’s a hybrid bed, so you get multiple layers of foam and a supportive pocketed coil base.
- T3 pocketed coils with edge support reinforcements –– Each coil in the Black Original bed is individually encased. There are BeautyEdge reinforced springs around the edge of the bed that give it really durable edges.
- 1/2” Plush Comfort Foam –– The top layer of the Beautyrest Black bed is a plush layer of foam. When you lay on it, this layer cradles around you.
- 1” Medium Comfort Foam –– This layer is slightly firmer than the one above it, but it still provides ample pressure relief.
- 1 1/2” Energy Foam –– The polyfoam layer is specifically targeted to help distribute the weight of heavier sleepers.
- 1/2” Beautyrest Gel Memory Foam –– The layer of foam before the coils is a firm layer of gel memory foam. The gel is supposed to help move heat away from you while you sleep.
- Antimicrobial HeiQ V-Block cover –– Sadly, the cover of this bed is not removable. You’ll need to spot clean as needed.
Beautyrest Black Original Most Notable Features
- Firmness: The Black Original bed is fairly firm –– it’s what we’d call a medium-firm on our scale. We think this bed is a good pick for the average sleeper, especially if you’re a stomach or back sleeper who needs a bed that can support your spine.
- Feel: Honestly, it feels like a foam hybrid mattress. It technically has memory foam but doesn’t feel like memory foam. It has a familiar overall feel, which is comfortable.
- Price: A Beautyrest Black queen size model retails for $2,699, but they also offer discounts that make the mattress a few hundred dollars cheaper.
Beautyrest Hybrid Mattress
The Beautyrest Hybrid is the only other online-only mattress from Beautyrest. This bed combines memory foam and coils for a supportive and comfortable feel that slowly responds to pressure.
Beautyrest Hybrid Construction And Design
The Beautyrest Hybrid mattress is a pretty solid bed that’s good for pretty much every sleeper style and body type. That’s why we love hybrids –– everyone can sleep on one.
- T3 Pocketed coils with edge support reinforcements –– The main support level of the Beautyrest Hybrid is a pocketed coil layer. They are individually wrapped, allowing them to move by themselves and give you a nice, responsive feel.
- 1″ Transition foam –– The transition layer of this bed is polyfoam. It’s firmer than the layers of foam above it, but that means it’s responsive when you lay on it.
- 2″ Gel memory foam –– You get the pressure relief you expect from the 2” gel memory foam layer.
- 1″ Gel memory foam –– When you lay on the Beautyrest bed, you sink in and the memory foam reaches up to cradle you.
- BlackICE Cooling cover –– The neat thing about the Beautyrest hybrid mattress is that the cover is made with a special cooling material.
Beautyrest Hybrid Most Notable Features
- Firmness: We’d consider the Beautyrest Hybrid bed a medium-firm on our scale, meaning it will work for all sleeping styles. It’s not the best plush mattress ever, but it’s also not supposed to be. It’s designed to be a supportive mattress with comfort layers that are accommodating. And we think it achieves just that.
- Feel: We think it works best for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Side sleepers should probably opt for one of the softer model upgrades.
- Price: A queen model Beautyrest Black Hybrid has an MSRP of about $2,599. With that said, it’s possible to snag a discount from them for $100-$200 off.
Beautyrest Black Natasha Mattress
The Beautyrest Black Natasha mattress is a luxury-grade bed that’s offered in two firmness options –– Firm and Plush. It’s one of the most popular Beautyrest Black beds offered by Simmons. The Beautyrest Black line is the premium offering from Simmons, and therefore prices are naturally higher than with most mattress-in-a-box brands. A queen-size Natasha mattress retails around $2,799.
Beautyrest Black Natasha Design And Construction
The Natasha mattress from Beautyrest is incredibly thick –– like way thicker than the other mattresses on the list. It measures out to be around 16” tall. Here’s how it breaks out:
- Braided pocketed coils for more support –– The coils are triple strand wire coils that are made to be more durable than the average bed. There’s also a dense foam around the edges for edge support.
- ½” thick latex foam –– Latex is nice and springy. This layer helps the bed respond to your movements.
- 1” BlackICE memory foam –– Unlike other beds, the Beautyrest Natasha bed has diamond crystals in the foam, which are supposed to help keep you cool.
- 3” Aircool Gel memory foam –– The gel of this layer is supposed to have cooling properties that pull the heat away from you when you sleep.
- Soft temperature regulating cover –– Like the other Beautyrest beds, the cover of the bed is not removable.
Beautyrest Black Natasha’s Most Notable Features
- The Beautyrest Black Natasha is available in two firmness levels, both of which have a pillow top. There’s the Luxury Firm option and the Plush option.
- While softness/firmness is subjective based on your weight, expect the Plush version to be about a medium-soft to medium on the firmness scale. Expect the Luxury Firm to be about a medium-firm on that same scale.
- Besides the influence of your weight, the mattress feels like exactly what it is—an innerspring mattress with a thick, soft pillow top. It’s comfortable, and even though it uses memory foam, it doesn’t feel like a traditional memory foam bed. It feels more like soft foam, but you do experience solid pressure relief from the memory foam.
Beautyrest Silver Hybrid
The Beautyrest Silver collection is surprisingly affordable, considering the thickness and quality of these beds. It is the entry-level line of beds from Simmons. So if you’re a sleeper on a budget, the Beautyrest Silver mattress is likely your pick.
Beautyrest Silver Hybrid Construction And Design
The Beautyrest Silver mattress offers different height options, but whichever you choose, you’ll end up with a hybrid mattress that has layers of coils, memory foam, and proprietary foam.
- Pocketed coil layer –– Like the other beds from Beautyrest, the Silver hybrid mattress has a bottom pocketed coil layer that adjusts to your weight and body.
- Gel memory foam & GelTouch Foam –– These unique gel memory foam layers are actually designed with natural silver to disperse heat and prevent odor-causing bacteria.
- AirCool Foam –– The AirCool memory foam layer is designed for airflow. It’s what gives the Silver Hybrid the pressure-relieving properties.
- AirFeel Foam –– Unlike other foam layers, this layer has a unique ventilated design.
Beautyrest Silver Hybrid’s Most Notable Features
- Firmness: We tested out the Pillow Top model of the Beautyrest Silver bed and thought it to be a soft to medium-soft in terms of firmness. Keep in mind they offer multiple models across the whole soft/firm spectrum.
- Feel: We think the Silver bed feels like sleeping on a plush cushion, but you can feel the bounce of the pocketed coil system beneath it. Because of the springs, this bed has great responsiveness with none of that stuck-in-the-mud feeling you sometimes get from memory foam beds.
- Price: The Silver mattress is the budget-friendly offering from Beautyrest, and the prices aren’t unreasonable for the premium mattress you’re getting. The 11.75” queen size model has an MSRP of $799 and $899 for the 12” queen. Prices get even steeper for the 16.5” Pillow Top model.
Which Beautyrest Bed Should You Get?
Every bed in the Beautyrest mattress line each offers strong quality components at a range of price points. When it comes to crowning a winner, we think it depends on the price you want to pay, your sleeping position, and the type of feel you’re going for.
We like all the beds, but let’s cut to the chase: not every bed is good for every person. Below we’ll call out the best bed for certain distinguishing factors:
- If you like a memory foam feel: go with the Beautyrest Black Hybrid bed.
- If you’re on a budget: go with the Beautyrest Silver mattress.
- If you’re a hot sleeper: you’ll love the cooling cover of the Beautyrest Hybrid. You can also opt for the cooling model of the Beautyrest Black mattress.
- If you’re looking for a thick, luxury bed, go with the Beautyrest Black Natasha mattress.
Our Top Pick
Deciding which Beautyrest mattress is the best will all come down to your preferences. If you are looking for a memory foam feel, then the Beautyrest Black Hybrid is the choice for you. If you’re on a budget, then go with the Beautyrest Silver bed.
Yes! We think every mattress in the Simmons Beautyrest line is good. They are versatile, durable beds that nearly every sleeper can like. And if you have specific preferences or needs, the variety in the mattresses they offer has something for everyone.
Generally, we recommend that you replace your mattress every 7 to 10 years. Some memory foam mattresses may last a little longer than that, but generally, a Beautyrest mattress will have a lifespan of about seven years.
We think Beautyrest mattresses are good options for people with back pain because of their supportive innerspring design. If you have back pain, you likely will want to opt for a firmer model of the Beautyrest Black Natasha. Or the Beautyrest Original mattress or even their hybrid.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 175 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team