Casper Nova Review
This is our in-depth Casper Nova Hybrid review, in which is the "most plush" mattress from the brand.
Last Updated: January 22, 2021Matt Ross
Casper Nova is the softest mattress from the brand to date. It's available as a foam mattress and also Casper Nova Hybrid, which incorporates pocketed coils. Not only that, but the bed has an updated Zoned Support Pro design with the company's new AirScape foam. In this review, we dive deep into the mattress to figure out who it's best for.
- Free Shipping & Returns
- 100 Nights Trial Period
- 10 Years Warranty
- Made in USA
15% OffClaim Discount
If you want a truly plush/soft bed
Primary side sleepers
Anyone looking for a firm bed
If your budget is $1,000 or less
Casper Nova Mattress Overview
Casper is one of the most well-known bed-in-a-box mattress brands, but it goes beyond the Original Casper. If you’re looking for a more premium version of Casper, you’re in luck. The Casper Nova mattress is a plush, comfortable mattress that a lot of people will love.
To skip around our Casper Nova hybrid mattress review, you can use the links below:
Honest Casper Nova Mattress Video Review
Below is our unbiased review video for the Casper Nova Hybrid mattress.
Casper Nova Hybrid Construction And Design
While the Casper Nova is a new mattress for the brand, it’s technically not one mattress. The company offers Nova Hybrid, its main model, and the Nova Foam. The all-foam model is less popular and only available on Amazon, so we will focus on the Nova Hybrid in this review. Here are the Nova Hybrid’s layers:
- Support foam — The bed stars with a foam layer for the base.
- Coils layer — The Nova Hybrid has pocketed coils for its support framework. There is a perimeter of foam around the base of the mattress to increase the edge support.
- Memory foam layer — This layer adds more comfort.
- Zoned support layer — The Zoned Support Pro system is designed to give more support under your trunk/hips and provide more pressure relief for your shoulders. You can feel the zoned support system and the extra support under your hips and trunk, which is great for individuals with hip pain and other injuries. The top third of the bed is noticeably more pressure relieving, which should make Casper Nova a good mattress for shoulder pain.
- Comfort layer — The main comfort layer is a super soft, open-cell foam. The open-cell foam is also perforated, which Casper calls its AirScape technology. The idea with the perforations is that the bed should allow for even more airflow to keep hot sleepers at a comfortable temperature during the night.
The bed also features Casper’s new plush-soft cover, which is made with recycled materials. You can remove the cover, but Casper recommends that you only wash it by hand. If you’re concerned with stains, make sure to check out Casper’s mattress protector which is waterproof.
Sizes And Dimensions
- Twin — 38″ W x 75″ L x 12″ H
- Twin XL — 38″ W x 80″ L x 12″ H
- Full — 53″ W x 75″ L x 12″ H
- Queen — 60″ W x 80″ L x 12″ H
- King — 76″ W x 80″ L x 12″ H
- Cal King — 72″ W x 84″ L x 12″ H
Casper Nova Firmness & Feel
Casper calls this Nova its “most plush” mattress and notes it has “cloud-like comfort.” We agree.
Perhaps the easiest way to describe it is to say the Casper Nova Hybrid feels like a cloud with coils underneath. It’s light and airy, fluffy even, with tons of pressure relief. It’s among the softest/most plush beds we’ve tested.
The Casper Nova Hybrid has a medium-soft firmness, according to our editors whom are in the 170-200 pound range. This puts Casper Nova Hybrid on par with the Leesa Legend mattress in terms of firmness.
Is Casper Nova A Good Mattress For Couples?
In general, if you agree on topics such as feel, firmness, price and design, we expect you’ll like this mattress. But if you’re sharing a bed with someone, the following elements will also be important.
If you purchase a smaller sized mattress, edge support will be important. Most soft beds have average to below-average edge support. Fortunately, Casper Nova Hybrid has good edge support for a softer bed.
Typically, the coils work against you a bit, but the Casper Nova Hybrid is fine in terms of motion isolation. The foam version will be slightly more efficient than Casper Nova Hybrid, but we don’t think many people will have issues here at all.
Casper Nova Hybrid doesn’t have a lot of memory foam, so that’s good from a temperature standpoint. It is, however, a softer bed, so you’ll sink into the mattress. Typically, softer beds will sleep a little warmer because you’re being “hugged” by the mattress a little more than with a firm bed. Unique to the Casper beds, however, is an open-cell foam that’s perforated to pull in airflow.
In general, we aren’t all that excited by perforated foam, but in this case, we can feel the airflow travel up through the little holes in the foam. This won’t make Nova a cool-sleeping bed, but it will help to balance out other aspects, leaving us to call this a temperature-neutral mattress. If you’re a particularly hot sleeper, check out our list of the best cooling mattresses.
Casper Nova Sleeper Type Analysis
We base our reviews on the average body size, but we always mention what it will feel like to other people. Your sleeping position and weight will influence how a bed feels to you.
Stomach And Back Sleepers
As for stomach and back sleepers, we’re of the mindset that Casper Nova Hybrid is simply too soft. In general, people that sleep primarily on their stomachs and/or backs will gravitate toward, and prefer, firmer beds. Check out the Casper Wave and Casper Original for a mattress that’s better suited for stomach and back sleepers. Put simply, Casper Nova Hybrid is not made for stomach and back sleepers.
Heavy sleepers may find this bed too soft. As you put more weight on a bed, beds feel softer, and this bed is softer to begin with.
Unless you like a firmer bed, the Casper Nova should be comfortable for you.
Casper Nova Mattress Pricing
Casper Nova is a premium mattress that is certainly not targeting college students. The Nova falls between the Original Casper mattress and the Wave in price. The MSRP for the queen-size mattress is about $2,000. You can see the price by size in the table below.
|King / Cal King||$2,295|
Is There A Casper Nova Coupon Code?
Casper is no stranger to running promotions and offering discounts. Casper offers a coupon code on its website for its Original and Wave mattresses, but not for the Nova yet. Even with a discount, however, Nova is still a relatively pricey online mattress.
Casper Nova Mattress Review Verdict
|Weight||Petite (<150 lbs)||Medium (150-230 lbs)||Heavy (>230 lbs)|
If you like a plush mattress, we fully expect you’ll like the Casper Nova Hybrid. It’s soft, cloud-like, responsive and supportive. We think it has an interesting design and, if you know what you’re getting into, you’ll most likely appreciate the Casper Nova Hybrid.
That said, if you want a firm bed, prefer a traditional memory foam feel or need a mattress under $1,000, look elsewhere. If you’re a strict stomach or back sleeper, in most cases, look elsewhere. Put simply, the Casper Nova Hybrid is exactly what you’d expect: a soft coil mattress.
Other Casper Mattress Reviews
- Casper Wave Mattress
- Casper Element Mattress
- Casper Original Mattress
- Casper Essential Mattress
- Casper Mattress Topper
- Casper Pillow
Casper Nova Ratings
- BBB rating: A+. Casper gets a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. Based on only 25 customer reviews, Casper gets a three-star rating from customers.
- Amazon reviews: 4 ½ stars. With 11 customer rankings for the Casper Nova Hybrid king-size mattress, 81% were rated with four and five stars.
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 150 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
Casper Company Policies
Casper Nova comes with the same policies as the brand’s other mattresses, including Casper Wave:
- Shipping — You get free shipping. In most cases, your bed will arrive within a few days of placing the order. The setup process for Casper Nova is as simple as you’ve seen in the commercials. It only takes about 15 minutes to get things started, but it needs a full day to fully expand.
- Trial period — You get a 100-night trial period, which means you can test out the bed for about three months before you must decide to keep or return it.
- Returns — If you decide you no longer want Casper Nova, you can return it for a full refund during those first 100 nights. Just like the original Casper mattress, returns are straightforward, and 100 percent of the purchase price will be refunded to you within two weeks.
- Warranty — If you decide you want the bed, that’s great—we honestly expect most people will. It comes with a 10-year warranty.
Here is a video going over the setup process:
Casper sent us the bed so we could test and review it.
As of now, the foam version of this bed is only available through Amazon. You can find the Casper Nova Hybrid at the company’s stores and online.
Yes. In fact, the Nova Hybrid and Nova Foam both have the “Zoned Support Pro” system, which we discussed in the main section of this review.
It has a soft/fluffy feel that’s really comfortable.
Casper Nova Hybrid is really soft. It’s about a 3/10 in terms of firmness.
The Casper Nova Hybrid mattress is primarily sold online through the company’s website. It is also available on Amazon. Additionally, the mattress is available through company stores, primarily located in the northeast.
Casper is currently not offering discount codes on the Nova Hybrid. It does have a code for its Original and Wave models.
Casper often has some of its three mattress lines on sale. The company also offers discounts when the mattress is bundled with other products, such as a bed frame or bedding. Current sales are listed on the company’s website.