Titan Plus Mattress Overview
Brooklyn Bedding is a titan when it comes to making high-quality and comfortable mattresses, so it makes sense that it chose the name Titan for one of its mattresses. Our Titan mattress review will go over what you need to know if you are considering this champion of a mattress.
Honest Brooklyn Bedding Titan Mattress Review Video
Below you’ll find our unbiased review video of the Titan mattress from Brooklyn Bedding.
Below you’ll find our unbiased review video of the Titan mattress from Brooklyn Bedding.
Titan Plus Materials And Design
The Titan Plus mattress is a hybrid bed-in-a-box that is composed of four individual layers and totals 11″ thick. The exact construction will depend on the mattress you get, either the Titan Luxe (their softer option) or Titan Firm. Below is the construction of the firmer Titan mattress.
- Base —The mattress uses a 2″ layer of dense polyfoam to provide a foundation for the coils above.
- Coil layer —The next layer consists of what the company calls its “TitanCaliber” pocketed coils. These are 6″ individually encased coils that together act as the primary support framework for the bed.
- Transition layer —On top of the coils is a 2″ layer of what the company calls its “TitanFlex” foam. This is a patented, proprietary foam that is supposed to add deep pressure relief and act as a transition from the firm coils below.
- Comfort layer —For the final layer, the bed uses a 1″ quilted top with gel memory foam. This layer serves as the true comfort layer of the mattress, however, as you will find out in the coming sections, the bed actually has more of a firm, neutral-foam feel.
Additionally, for a couple hundred dollars more, you can purchase an optional cooling top panel. We didn’t have a chance to test out the cooling panel model, but apparently, the company uses a similar material to what’s found in the Brooklyn Aurora mattress, which is one of the coolest sleeping beds on the market.
Titan Plus Mattress Cover
Wrapping the four layers of foam and coils is a soft, non-removable cover that gives the bed a premium look. Because it’s not removable, that means you’ll have to spot clean the cover if you happen to get it dirty. The company recommends you use a mild detergent and water for cleaning purposes.
If the thought of a dirty cover freaks you out, you can always look into purchasing the Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Protector to help protect against dirt, grime and spills. Or you could always just shop among the hundreds of mattress protectors available on Amazon.
Feel And Firmness
In terms of firmness, Titan Plus offers two options. One is Titan Plus Firm, and the other is Titan Plus Luxe. We think the Titan Plus Firm Hybrid mattress lands around a firm on our soft-to-firm scale. It’s one of the firmer mattresses we’ve ever tested. However, this is what Brooklyn Bedding was going for with this bed. Overall, it has a firm, neutral-foam feel.
Titan Plus Luxe, on the other hand, will feel much softer to a heavier individual and is made to feel like a plush, comfortable pillow top. If you’re around 250 lbs, it’s probably going to be around a medium-firm. If you’re 350 lbs plus, it’ll likely feel like a medium or even softer.
Although the comfort layer of this bed is made from gel memory foam, the mattress doesn’t have a memory foam feel. We think it has more of a firm, neutral-foam feel. In other words, the top layers don’t really contour or conform to your body the way memory foam does. Some people love a plush memory foam feel, and some people prefer a firmer more neutral-foam feel.
An added benefit of neutral-foam is that it tends to be more responsive than memory foam and that holds true with the Titan Plus mattresses. The 6″ coils give the bed a little bounce and the top layers snap back to position quickly after pressure is released off the bed.
This level of responsiveness is a good thing for active sleepers who move around a lot. Typically, these types of sleepers find it much easier to switch between positions on responsive beds.
We do not think the Titan Plus mattress sleeps hot. We think it sleeps more temperature neutral or even on the cool side, depending on your weight. We’ve found firmer beds tend to sleep a little cooler than soft ones since you sleep more on top of the mattress rather than in it. In other words, you won’t immediately sink into the bed, and the top layers won’t engulf you.
With that said, we wouldn’t consider the Titan mattress an actively cooling bed either. The mattress doesn’t incorporate any special textiles or phase change material that makes the bed cool-to-the-touch. We more so gave it the neutral/cool rating based on its firmness.
Is Titan Plus A Good Mattress For Couples?
If both partners are above average in terms of weight, we think the Titan Plus mattress is an excellent option for couples. The bed performs well in terms of edge support and motion isolation.
First, the bed does a pretty good job of limiting motion. The top layers deaden the bounce provided by the coils fairly well.
When we put a glass of water on the bed and moved around on the mattress, the water in the glass doesn’t move all that much despite the movement on the bed. This is a good indicator that you won’t be disturbed by your partner’s movements during the night.
Next, we found that the Titan Plus mattress provides extremely solid edge support. In fact, it’s one of the best beds we’ve ever tested in this department. As you roll over towards the side, you’ll find that the perimeter continues to provide a good amount of support.
This is an especially important topic for couples who share a smaller size bed like a full or queen. A bed with good edge support (like Titan) means there is more useful surface area for both partners to spread out while still feeling properly supported. With some beds out there, you’ll notice the edges start to give out a little under pressure.
Titan Plus Mattress Sleeper Analysis
How a mattress feels will largely depend on your weight and favorite sleeping position.
- Side Sleepers
We think the Titan Plus Luxe mattress is suitable for some side sleepers looking for a softer, more pressure-relieving mattress. Side sleepers typically prefer a soft mattress to contour around the curves of their body, and relieves key pressure points.
With that said, if you want a really pressure relieving mattress, we’d suggest you check out our list of the Best Mattresses For Side Sleepers. This list even has some options for heavy people who spend a lot of time on their side.
- Back And Stomach Sleepers
Unlike side sleepers, back and stomach sleepers typically prefer firmer mattresses that provide a lot of support under their lower back and trunk. Needless to say, the Titan Plus Firm mattress delivers on that front, as we chose it as the best firm mattress of 2022.
The bed is extremely supportive. Even Dillon (our heaviest team member) found that the mattress did a great job of keeping his hips in proper alignment with the rest of his body when he was on his back and stomach.
- Combo Sleepers
Because the Titan Plus Firm mattress is so firm we can’t really recommend it for combo sleepers, particularly those who favor side sleeping. However, the Titan Luxe mattress is perfectly accommodating for combination sleepers.
Body Type Analysis
- Petite And Average Sized Individuals
The Titan Plus mattress will work for small and medium-sized individuals, but we think it’s almost overkill for small body types. Remember, an average size person will think the mattress feels firm, so a petite person will think it feels even firmer. As such, we’d only recommend the Titan mattress for petite sized people who primarily sleep on their back or stomach and prefer an extra firm feel.
- Heavier People
The Titan Plus mattress is ideal for heavy people, as this is who the bed was ultimately designed for. There are three primary factors that are responsible for why this is the case.
- The mattress is thicker than the average bed-in-a-box. Typically, thicker beds are more ideal for heavier sleepers since they’re harder to wear down and bottom out (i.e. there’s more material between the person and the foundation).
- The mattress is purposely designed to be extra firm. The firmer a mattress is, the more support it offers for your body. Those who weigh over ~230 lbs require beds that are more supportive, and Titan definitely meets that expectation.
- The bed uses premium 6″ pocketed coils for its primary support structure. The company states these coils provide “industrial support”. Coils are not only more durable but also more supportive than dense polyfoam that all-foam beds like Casper and Leesa use for their foundations. That’s because coils provide a little resistance against pressure, which is key for supporting a large amount of pressure.
All in all, we think Titan Plus, along with Big Fig and WinkBed are among the Best Mattresses For Heavy People.
Titan Plus Mattress Price And Coupon Code
From a MSRP standpoint, the Titan Plus mattress is priced just above the average bed-in-a-box. However, as you will find out below, the Titan mattress is well-constructed and incorporates high-quality materials. In other words, this isn’t your typical three layer, all-foam bed-in-a-box. Here’s how pricing breaks down by size.
Does Brooklyn Bedding Titan Plus Offer Promo Codes?
Brooklyn Bedding is very generous in terms of sales and discounts. It seems like they regularly offer coupon codes and promo codes to make the mattresses even more affordable. We’ve even seen them offer a 20% off discount code before. Check the green box on the right hand side of the screen to see what kind of promotion they’re currently offering.
Titan Mattress Award
Brooklyn Titan Plus Mattress Review Verdict
The Brooklyn Bedding Titan mattress used to come in just one firmness level; firm. Now, with the introduction of Titan Luxe, we think it’s more accommodating to a wider range of sleepers.
With that in mind, we think Titan is a solid bed. It’s well-constructed and serves the exact purpose that Brooklyn Bedding designed it for. Overall, if you weigh more than 250 pounds and want a mattress with additional support and durability, you should seriously consider this mattress.
Other Beds From Brooklyn Bedding
Brooklyn Bedding offers several mattresses, however, there are three models that are considered their “best sellers”. Here’s a short synopsis of each one in case you want to check out our full reviews:
- Brooklyn Bowery — This is the company’s most affordable mattress. It’s a 10″ all-foam bed-in-a-box that has a soft, neutral-foam feel and is ideal for all sleeping positions.
- Brooklyn Signature Hybrid — This is the company’s “Signature” (get it) or flagship mattress. It has a hybrid construction and comes in three different comfort options.
- Brooklyn Bedding Aurora Luxe — This mattress is a premium, hybrid bed-in-a-box that incorporates special cooling textiles in the cover for particularly hot sleepers.
Other Brooklyn Bedding Reviews
- Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid
- Brooklyn Sedona Elite
- Brooklyn Spartan
- DreamFoam Mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Pillow
- Brooklyn Bedding Weighted Blanket
Why Trust Us
Get the kind of sleep you’ve only dreamed of with some help from our team of mattress experts. We personally test more than 175 of the best sleep solutions from over 60 leading brands on site, so you can be sure you’re getting unbiased reviews, fair comparisons and personalized recommendations.
The Review Team
Brooklyn Bedding Company Policies
Purchasing a bed online has become much easier over the last several years. There’s been an influx of online direct-to-consumer bedding companies that offer extremely friendly customer policies. While Brooklyn Bedding is considered an established player in the industry, they too make it simple for consumers to test out their beds:
- Shipping — The Titan mattress arrives rolled up in a box. Once you get the mattress all set up on your frame or foundation, it’s a good idea to let the mattress breathe and fully inflate for about 24 hours before sleeping on it.
- Trial period — Once the mattress has been delivered, Brooklyn Bedding offers you a 120 night risk-free trial period.
- Returns — If, after 30 nights on the mattress, you decide you want your money back, no problem. Simply contact customer support to arrange for the mattress to be removed from your home for no additional fee. Once the mattress has been picked up, the company will give you a full refund.
- Warranty — Brooklyn Bedding backs the Titan mattress with a 10-year warranty. Feel free to read about the bed’s warranty and all that it covers on the company’s website.
Brooklyn Bedding is one of the few online direct-to-consumer companies that manufactures its own mattresses. The company operates out of a massive facility in Phoenix, Arizona. By owning its own facility, Brooklyn Bedding is able to control the entire manufacturing process from start to finish. As a result, the company is well-known throughout the industry for producing high-quality, durable mattresses. You can see the company’s mattresses on the main Brooklyn Bedding website.
Brooklyn Bedding sent us the Titan mattress for free in order to test it. However, we did not receive any monetary compensation from the company in order to produce this review. The Slumber Yard team retains full editorial control over the content we publish.
The Titan mattress is compatible with most slatted frames, foundations and box springs. It’s important your existing frame or foundation has little to no flex though and is able to properly support both you and the Titan mattress.
All beds over time become a bit softer as you break them in. Typically, it takes around 30-45 days to adjust and fully break-in a new mattress.
Yes but it will cost you an additional fee. The total amount will be calculated upon checkout.
Yes, the Titan mattress uses CertiPUR-US Certified foams, which means they don’t contain any harmful chemicals or toxins.
Titan is a coil mattress that’s made in the USA. It’s a firmer mattress, but it’s also super supportive.
This is an American-made mattress that’s manufactured in Phoenix, Arizona.
There are a number of showrooms all across Arizona where you can try out a Brooklyn Bedding mattress. There’s also one showroom in Ogden, UT. Additionally, there are partner showrooms in Chicago, IL, Edina, MN, Bozeman, MT, New York, NY, and Austin, TX. If you can’t get to any of the showrooms, you could always just order a mattress and return it later if you don’t like it.
Brooklyn Bedding has discount codes on their website for military, first responders, educators, medical personnel and students. They also regularly run sales around holidays and special events.
The Brooklyn Bedding Titan is a very firm mattress and it is not ample for most side sleepers, who might find the mattress doesn’t provide enough pressure point relief.
The mattress cover is not removable or washable.