Nectar Pillow Review
Our full-length review on Nectar's Premium Memory Foam Pillow, is it right for you? Find out in this post!
Last Updated: October 1, 2020Matt Ross
Nectar is one of the most popular bed in a box mattress brands, and now we’re testing out their Memory Foam Pillow to see how well it matches up. In this post, we’ll reveal our true thoughts on the pillow and discuss who we think would love it the most.
- Free Shipping & Returns
- 50 Nights Trial Period
People that love memory foam
All sleep styles (it’s adjustable)
If you don’t want to spend $50+ on a new pillow
People that do not like memory foam
Nectar Pillow Price And Bundle Promotions
Here at the Slumber Yard, we’ve tested out pillows on both the luxury side, and budget side of the spectrum. Nectar pillows aren’t necessarily luxury, but it’s not the most affordable option either. What we do think, however, is that it has a pretty great value. We think it’s a quality memory foam pillow with extra bonus points for its unique construction and adjustable firmness levels.
This pillow is only available in one size, and it retails for around $75 — but you can get it for cheaper if you buy it as a bundle with a mattress, mattress protector, sheet set, or foundation. Nectar is also known to run promotions for their mattress, so we wouldn’t be surprised if they have a few sales for this pillow as well.
Nectar’s Pillow-In-Pillow Construction
- Pillow-in-pillow design: This particular pillow has a unique “pillow-in-pillow” design, with a supportive inner pillow and plush outer pillow for comfort. The filling is made with two types of foam, a combination of Nectar’s signature memory foam and neutral feeling polyurethane foam.
- Adjustable filling: This pillow comes overstuffed so you can remove the filling yourself, allowing you to adjust the loft and firmness to your liking. With that said, the stuffing gets super messy. When we pulled out the inner pillow (which was a little hard to remove in the first place) and tried to take out the stuffing, it was hard to keep it from getting everywhere because the shredded pieces of memory foam are so tiny.
The brand suggests you set aside the extra filling and store it, just in case you ever want to make it firmer again. To keep the stuffing from making a mess in your hall closet, we recommend you keep the little foam pieces safely zipped inside a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
Nectar Pillow Dimensions
The pillow’s dimensions are 29″ x 17″ x 5.5″, so any standard pillowcase should work just fine for it. Even though the Tencel outer layer is comfy enough to lay on by itself, we don’t recommend it because your pillow will get a lot dirtier, much faster.
Nectar Pillow Has A Memory Foam Feel
If you’re a lover of all things memory foam, we think you’ll find Nectar pillows to be soft, contouring, comfortable, and accommodating. It feels like dense memory foam, similar to their Nectar mattress if you’re familiar with it.
The foam is slow to respond to pressure, which is typical from memory foam material. It molds to the shape of your neck and head to provide ample support and coziness. It’s a pretty hefty pillow, particularly if you leave most of the filling in. And since you’re able to adjust the pillow’s firmness, we think it sets itself aside from other memory foam pillows like the Layla Pillow or Brooklyn Bedding’s Pillow (the ventilated memory foam one).
Nectar Pillow’s Tencel Cover
They claim the Tencel material on the outer layer of the pillow is a cooling fabric, but we don’t really agree. It’s not cool-to-the-touch, nor is it actively trying to cool us down. We think it feels more temperature neutral. If you’re a hot sleeper, take a look at the Purple Pillow — it has great airflow and we think it’s one of the coolest pillows (temperature wise) we’ve tested so far.
Sleeper Type For Nectar Pillow
Since you can adjust the loft of Nectar’s pillow by adding or taking out filling, this truly can accommodate all sleeper types and any body type as well.
Generally speaking, side sleepers should sleep on a pillow with more loft so their neck and head are properly supported — especially if you’re over ~230 lbs. With this pillow, you’ll want to use more filling rather than less.
Back sleepers usually want a pillow with more loft as well, but not enough to where you’re looking forwards, instead of upwards toward the ceiling. Our recommendation is to go with a medium fill on this pillow, and adjust to your specific body type.
Stomach sleepers will usually sleep better on a pillow with little loft, so their necks aren’t in an uncomfortable, kinked position all night. Stomach sleepers will definitely want to remove a lot of filling from this pillow.
With this adjustable pillow, combo sleepers can cater to their dominant sleeper type and add or remove filling until they’re comfortable. As you can see, this pillow can truly accommodate any sleeping position.
Caring For Your Nectar Pillow
On Nectar’s website, they mention how easy it is to clean the cover on your pillow, just in case you accidentally spill or drool profusely on it. While it isn’t as effortless to clean as the machine washable Casper Pillow or GhostBed Pillow, we still think it’s a no-brainer.
In the case of a stain, you just need to spot clean with a mild detergent and water. Gently pat it out, squeeze out excess water, then lay it out to air dry. Just in case you forget — no need to bookmark this page. The pillow washing instructions will be on Nectar’s care tag.
Pros And Cons Of The Nectar Pillow
- It has a great memory foam feel if you like a slow responding pillow
- It’s adjustable, so it should be suitable for all sleeper type
- Potential to be lofty enough for heavy body types, and less firm/tall for petite body types
- It provides a good amount of pressure ief
- It only comes in one size, so if you’re looking for the right size pillow to fit your bed, you can’t choose here
- Memory foam has a tendency to run hot
- Some sleepers might not like the viscous feel of memory foam
- It can get messy when you’re adding or removing fill from your pillow
Other Nectar Reviews
Nectar Pillow Review Verdict
After testing the Nectar pillow and having our different team members try it out, here are a few of the conclusions we came to.
- It’s a bit messy: We really like the adjustable firmness concept, but we wish it was a little easier to work with. Some pillows come with inserts, rather than the thousands of mini foam pieces you find in Nectar Pillows.
- There’s a iable return policy: You can always fall back on that return policy in the event you don’t like your pillow, and get 100% of your money back.
- The cost is reasonable: For a memory foam pillow, Nectar comes in at a good price point.
- It suits everyone: Because it’s adjustable, this pillow is a really great option for all sleeper types and body types.
If you need extra help choosing the right pillow, head over to our how to choose a pillow page.
Thanks for coming to The Slumber Yard for all your sleep ated questions, concerns, and curiosities. Feel free to check out our other pillow reviews, or head over to our deals page to find updated deals and promotions from different bedding brands. Most importantly, always remember to sleep right. Sleep tight.
What To Expect When You Purchase Nectar Pillow
- Trial period length: Nectar offers a generous 50-night trial period, so you can test the pillow fully before committing to buy it outright
- Warranty policy: Nectar offers a 5-year warranty on the pillow
- Shipping info: You’ll receive free shipping and free returns
Nectar Physical Store Locations
While Nectar doesn’t have any brick-and-mortar stores of its own, Nectar products are sold nationwide, and you can find the store nearest you here.
Nectar Contact Information
Find Nectar On Social Media
Nectar sent us their pillow for us to review, and write our honest opinion about in a full-length review. We don’t partner with any bedding brands, unlike other bedding review websites, so you can ensure all of our content reflects our real opinion, and is 100% authentic.
Over at Nectar’s website, you can find a mattress, mattress foundations and bases, a sheet set, mattress protector, and weighted blanket.
Nectar currently only ships to the contiguous United States for free, and will ship to Alaska or Hawaii for a $150 fee.
Nectar products are made in China, and shipped into the United States.
The Nectar Pillow is only available in one size, and its dimensions are 17″ W x 29″ W. It should be compatible with most standard-size pillowcases.
While this pillow contains some neutral-foam, it’s mostly made up of conforming memory foam.
Nectar Pillow comes with removable filling, meaning you’re able to adjust the loft according to your specific needs. This feature makes the pillow suitable for all sleeper types.
Nectar offers a financing plan if you’re approved, and you can make as little as $13 payments.
You can! The pillow has a 50-day trial period, and you are free to return it any time in that window.
Right now the Nectar Pillow only comes in one size, and it measures 17″ W x 29″ W.
Nectar suggests spot cleaning with soap and water if you get your pillows dirty.