Applicant Eligibility: All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the 50 United States or D.C. who are age 18 or older at the time of entry, who are full-time students in good standing attending or about to attend an accredited two-year or four-year undergraduate institution or graduate school in the U.S., who subscribe to the Slumber Yard YouTube channel, and who meet any other requirements set forth in the scholarship application description on the Website.
In addition, the following people are not eligible to enter or win the scholarship:
(1) employees and officers of MySlumberYard.com, Know Ventures, LLC, Red Ventures, LLC, or any of their parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies (collectively the “Company”);
(2) employees and officers of any of Company’s advertising or promotion companies or other vendors that are involved in the Scholarship process;
(3) immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse) of such employees or officers; and
(4) any persons residing in the same household as such employees or officers, whether or not related to the employee or officer. By applying, you agree to these Official Rules and all decisions of Company, which are final and binding in all respects. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
To Enter: No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not affect your chances of being selected to win this scholarship. Subscribing to the Slumber Yard YouTube channel is free.
- To apply for the scholarship, follow the instructions on the website at https://myslumberyard.com/scholarship/ (the “Website”), which are incorporated by reference into these Official Rules, and create a video meeting the requirements in the description on the Website.
- Then send an e-mail by the Application Deadline listed on the Website to email@example.com with your name, address, phone number, a link to your entry video on YouTube (or the video file itself), a copy of your most recent school transcript showing your GPA, and any other information or documentation listed as required for entry on the Website.
Incomplete, late, or garbled entries will be disqualified. If you enter using a mobile device, standard data charges may apply from your carrier. Limit one entry per person/e-mail address.
Video Requirements: Videos should be submitted in MP4 format and must meet any length and/or size restrictions listed on the Website. Your video should not incorporate music or prominently display trademarks or copyrighted works of third parties. Company reserves the right to choose to disqualify or not any video containing incidental music or third-party IP, in its sole discretion.
- If you upload your video via YouTube, your video must comply with the YouTube Community Guidelines and Terms of Service. Entry videos determined to violate either the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service, in Company’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- By submitting a video entry, you affirm and represent that you are the person depicted in the video, that you created the content of the video and that you have the right to submit the video in this scholarship application.
- You confirm and represent that no elements of the video violate a third party’s copyright or trademark rights and the content does not violate any law. The video should not depict any individuals other than the scholarship applicant.
- By submitting a video with your application, you hereby grant to Company a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license in and to the video entry, so that Company has the right to use, not use, display, post, publish, copy, edit, and create derivative works from the video submitted in any and all media, worldwide, without limitation or further obligation to you or any other party.
- By submitting a video, you confirm and represent that your submission does not violate the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or other rights of any other person or entity.
Obviously non-responsive and/or non-compliant videos will be disqualified in Company’s sole discretion. Video entries with non-functioning sound or other technical glitches will be disqualified. No professional videography or editing is allowed. Videos containing or depicting nudity, violence, discrimination, or other content deemed inconsistent with the Slumber Yard brand, as determined in Company’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Description of Scholarship: The winning applicant (“Winner”) will receive a one-time $1,500 scholarship, awarded via check made payable to the Winner, to be applied towards school expenses (including but not limited to tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board). Check will be mailed to the winner at the mailing address provided in the confirmation documents within 30 days of confirmation.
Selection and Announcements
After the Application Deadline, a team of judges from Company will select one (1) winner following review of all eligible entries received prior to the deadline. Entry videos are judged on creativity, entertainment value and thoughtfulness in response to the questions in the prompt on the Website. The Winner will be notified by phone at the phone number provided in the entry on or about 30 days after the Application Deadline and must respond as instructed within 96 hours of notification to claim the scholarship.
To formally claim the scholarship, Winner will need to supply current proof of enrollment or a letter of acceptance at a qualifying accredited institution within the U.S. and will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, a liability and publicity release, and an IRS Form W-9 (signed by a parent or guardian if scholarship winner is a minor in his or her state of residence).
If a potential scholarship winner cannot be reached by phone, or if a potential winner fails to return any required documentation within the necessary timeframe, or if an e-mail notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is discovered to be ineligible or to have violated the Official Rules in any way, or if a potential winner no longer subscribes to the Slumber Yard YouTube channel, or if a potential winner declines the scholarship for any reason, that potential winner will be disqualified and the applicant with the next highest-scoring video entry will be selected and notified as a potential winner in accordance with these Official Rules.
Company reserves the right not to award the scholarship if it is unable to confirm a winner after three attempts, or if there are an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the judging criteria. Within about 30 days after the Winner is confirmed, the Winner will be listed on https://myslumberyard.com/scholarship/.
Each applicant’s designated institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education (http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx).
If you are confirmed as a winner of the scholarship, Company will post certain information about you, including but not limited to your name, photo, school, graduation date, hobbies, and other information to its website as described above. The winner’s video submitted in the application may also be posted to the Slumber Yard YouTube channel and Company’s other websites and social media profiles. Company will not otherwise use or share personal information collected in the applications except to operate this scholarship application process and to notify and confirm the potential winner.
Responsibilities of Applicants/Recipients
By participating in this program, each applicant expressly:
(A) releases the Company, YouTube, and each of their respective employees and agents from any liability or claim of any kind or nature for any loss, claim, damages, or injury of any kind associated with participation in the program and acceptance, possession or use of any scholarship; and
(B) accepts and agrees to be bound by these rules and Company’s decisions relating to participation in the program, selection of recipient, and awarding of scholarship, all such decisions being final. The winning recipient must complete an affidavit of eligibility and release (to be signed by a parent or legal guardian, if recipient is a minor), on forms to be provided by the Company.
It is the recipient’s responsibility to notify the Company should the scholarship check not arrive within 30 days after confirmation. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, including without limitation: materials not suitable for general public viewing; obscene, lewd or offensive materials; the use of third party content or other materials not authored by the applicant; and materials previously published or entered into any other competition. Judges’ decisions are final. Any taxes are the recipient’s responsibility. Company will issue an IRS Form 1099 to the winner in the amount of $1500 at the appropriate time.
Company is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries or communications; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, platform, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/use, net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
Company reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be interfering with the entry processes, or the operation of the scholarship offer or Website, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification of any entrant using such methods, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s or company’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from applying for this scholarship, downloading materials from the Website or use of the Website.
If the scholarship program is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Company, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this scholarship program, Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scholarship and/or select a winner from among all eligible video entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Company or to otherwise make the scholarship available to be won in a manner deemed by Company in its sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules.
In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, Online Service Provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. No more than the advertised number of scholarships will be awarded. Company is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the scholarship program or in the announcement of the recipient. These Official Rules are intended solely for the personal use by an individual participant; any other use or reproduction of these Official Rules is prohibited. Company is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due mail, deliveries, or other communications.
Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that:
- (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules or this scholarship program (and/or the rights and obligations of Company and/or participant in conjunction therewith) (collectively, “Disputes”) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action;
- (b) any and all Disputes shall be resolved exclusively in an action in state or federal court in the State of South Carolina;
- (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this scholarship program but in no event attorneys’ fees;
- (d) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and
- (e) THEY WAIVE AND HEREBY DO WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUCH ACTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or this scholarship program (and/or the rights and obligations of Company vis-à-vis participant and participant vis-à-vis Company in conjunction therewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina without regard for conflicts of law/choice of law doctrine of South Carolina or of any other jurisdiction.
Know Ventures, LLC
1423 Red Ventures Drive
Fort Mill, SC 29707
This scholarship program is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with YouTube.