Did you know that sleep disorders impact around 50 million U.S. adults? Sadly, sleep troubles are pretty common, but we’re here to help you through them. We’ll cover everything from how sleep impacts your health to sleep disorders and even drop some tips on how to sleep better.
How Many Hours of Sleep Do We Need?
Read our post to find out the recommended number of hours of sleep you need each night.Read More
What Is Sleep Hygiene?
A good sleep hygiene involves setting routines throughout the day that sets you up for a restful night.Read More
What is Sleep Apnea? Sleep-Disordered Breathing Explained
Guide to understanding sleep apneaRead More
Sleep and Sensory Processing Disorder
Little ones with SPD have unique bedtime needsRead More
Sleep, Anxiety and Allergy Symptoms
What’s behind the vicious cycle?Read More
Why Am I Falling Asleep While Sitting?
Learn why you may be falling asleep on the couch and the pros and cons of sleeping upright rather than flat.Read More
What is Sleep Drunkenness?
Read our post to find out how to know if you experience sleep drunkenness.Read More
We know what you’re thinking: What even is sleep medicine? It’s simple. Sleep medicine is everything you can use to sleep better, whether it be melatonin, CBD, natural supplements, or sleep therapies. If you’re having trouble sleeping, you can find your solution here.
Sleeping Pills Don’t Help Women Sleep in the Long RunRead More
How A Banana Before Bed Can Help You Sleep Better
If you love a good bedtime snack, bananas are a great choice.Read More
Does the TikTok Boiled Lettuce Hack Really Help You Fall Asleep Fast?Read More
The Ultimate Guide to Meditation and SleepRead More
The truth is, there’s a lot of misinformation about sleep floating around out there. Some of them are harmless, but some can have a tangible impact on your health. We’re here to help you sort out what’s fact and what’s fiction.
What To Drink Before Bed To Help With Sleep
Check out our post to find out which drinks are the best at making you feel sleepy.Read More
What Parts of Your Brain are the Sandman?Read More
Why Does Coffee Make Me Sleepy? (Explained)
While coffee is widely known for giving people energy, it also has the power to make you sleepy.Read More
New Federal Safety Standards for Infant Sleep Products. Here’s What You Need to KnowRead More
As we age and our lives change, our sleep needs change alongside us. You’ll find everything you need to know about topics like menopause, stress, and family needs here.
14 Ways To Make Your Bedroom More RomanticRead More
Bedtime Stress & COVID: 19 Wellness Tools For Kids
Strategies for parents and kids to keep bedtime calm and stress-freeRead More
New Moms Lose 650 Hours of Sleep in the First Year of Raising a Baby, New Dads Lose 90
No wonder new parents are always so tiredRead More
Your Toddler’s Sleeping Habits Matter. Here’s WhyRead More
The circadian rhythm is our internal clock that regulates our sleep-wake cycles. It’s kind of a big deal when it comes to our sleep patterns and waking up for work. We’ve got some tips and tricks to make sure you get all the sleep you need.
These are the most sleep-deprived professions
Find out if your job is among those that get the least sleepRead More
How To Sleep On The Floor (5-Step Guide)
Read our post to learn how to make the best out of a make-shift floor bed.Read More
How To Reset Your Circadian Rhythm
Find out how your exposure to natural and artificial light can impact your sleep cycleRead More
How Can Caregivers Better Manage Sleep and BurnoutRead More
- Dr. Gregory Minnis, DPTPhysical TherapistDr. Gregory Minnis is a physical therapist with an interest in orthopedic manual therapy. He graduated from the University of St. Augustine in Florida with a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. His work experience includes orthopedic physical therapy, sports medicine, neurological rehab, advanced assessment and treatment of running injuries, and advanced treatment of the pelvic complex, spine, and extremities. He loves spending time outdoors biking, skiing, and surfing.
- Amy Wolkin, DPT, MBAPhysical TherapistDr. Amy Wolkin is a physical therapist based in Atlanta, GA. After graduating from Wellesley College in 2012, she pursued dual graduate degrees at Emory University. She graduated in 2017 with her Master of Business Administration and Doctor of Physical Therapy degrees. Her clinical interests are outpatient orthopedics, women’s health, and pediatric sports medicine. She has advanced training in dry needling and pelvic floor physical therapy.
- Lauren Castiello, MS, AGNP-CNurse practitionerLauren is a board-certified adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner. Lauren has done NP clinical practicums focusing on the adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations in internal medicine, long-term care, and in outpatient oncology/bone marrow transplant. Lauren received a BA from Assumption University, a BSN from Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and her MS in Nursing from the University of Massachusetts at Lowell.
- Timothy J. Legg, PhD, PsyD, MSNNurse practitionerDr. Timothy Legg is board-certified as both a geriatric and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner and is also a licensed psychologist. He graduated from Touro College in New York with a doctorate in health sciences research and education and from California Southern University in Irvine, CA, with a doctorate in clinical psychology. He’s currently a university professor and clinician in private practice. He’s certified in addiction counseling is also an AIDS-certified registered nurse.
- Jeff RizzoCertified Sleep Science CoachJeff Rizzo is a Certified Sleep Science Coach who has helped over 5 million people with their mattress-related questions online. Even more, he has experience testing mattresses from nearly every major bedding brand on the market today, which amounts to almost 200 mattresses. Jeff’s hobbies include running, cycling, golfing, and fishing.
- Matthew RossCertified Sleep Science CoachMatthew Ross is a Certified Sleep Science Coach who has tested over 175 of the most popular mattresses sold online. He takes great pride in helping consumers select the right bed so they can improve the quality of their sleep. In his free time, Matt likes camping, golfing and traveling.